No more Ybor pedestrian mall

bobliocatt

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, also, when they closed the streets to thru traffic on the weekend is when Ybor really took off. I can't see this being a positive. Further, can you imagine the noise level with all the "Fast n Furious" cars and Harleys going up-and-down 7th Ave? The sidewalks are too narrow to accomodate large amounts to people. This is a disaster in the making.

This is not about driving out clubs/bars in Ybor. This about keeping the right types of clubs/bar in the area. Ybor/Channelside are going to very unique places to live vs most other cities in the USA, it just needs time to develop and grow into something the city can be proud of. I feel the main reason they (City) don't want the street open are kids (under 18) and hoodlums with 50 cent in thier pockets are walking the street and causing problems. With the street being open it will be harder for them to hang out without going into a place and spending money, etc. Most of Ybor bad raps come from the Projects located across the street. The Central park plan should eliminate most of the problems and create a large residental base to allow both channelside and Ybor bussiness to do well on more then Fri-Sun......Wait 5 years, I know it will be one of the most interesting places to live in Tampa.

Archived