Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hkskyline

BOSTON Review [5] South Station & Columbus Park

2 posts in this topic

The area around South Station is home to the Children's Museum and the heavily-fortified Federal Reserve Tower. If you're coming into Boston on the Acela, you will pass through South Station.

This area forms the edge of Boston's skyscraper district. There are a few inlets and waterways and the density tapers off to the east.

RIMG2309.jpg

RIMG2311.jpg

RIMG2313.jpg

RIMG2319.jpg

RIMG2322.jpg

RIMG2328.jpg

RIMG2330.jpg

South Station - I was lucky to have bumped into a parked Acela train.

RIMG2336.jpg

RIMG2337.jpg

RIMG2340.jpg

Now I leave the South Station area back towards the ferries near Aquarium. The waterfront area is quite nice, with some gardens, benches and a lot of open space to enjoy the ocean breeze. The location is Christopher Columbus Park.

RIMG1889.jpg

RIMG1893.jpg

RIMG1899.jpg

RIMG1900.jpg

RIMG1901.jpg

RIMG1903.jpg

Boston brings back a lot of good memories. It was one of my most cost-effective trips. The plane ticket and accomodation were free, so I only had to pay for food, the transit pass, and the odd admission. Boston has a very European feel to it. I stumbled into Back Bay and Beacon Hill accidentally and just got lost in all the architecture. The south side is not as historic, but there are a few nice vantage points to snap a few photos of skyscrapers. It is also within walking distance of Chinatown, the parks, and the downtown core. I can still taste the delicious lobster I had at Quincy Market that summer.

I love the buildings and the urban charm of Boston and its historic feel