Bank to Move to the Capital City

ncsugrad204

What implications does the property owner have on the building? For example, do we care whether Highwoods will build the tower, or Craig Davis Properties, etc?

I know Highwoods specializes in suburban offices, and I am not sure if that has any impact on the final development.

My $.02:

If I were building the thing (despite my having 0 years experience), I would build a 20-25 story tower with an ornate angular crown with some sort of spire away from Fayetteville St. That gives the bank a signature tower visible from many views (unlike Progress 2) without an oversupply of office space.

I would want street level retail along a busy street, and attached condos and parking structure for the 2-8 floors. The rest is office space', and the crown of the tower should light up the skyline at night!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd put something round like that glass building in downtown Atlanta right there. It's the perfect shape to lend some distinctiveness from the boxy theme of the rest of the city. (Seriously, so many boxy buildings. We need some modern schmancy shapes to mix things up.)

I was thinking about what type of building I'd like to see there, and was thinking of even making a mock rendering. I'd like to see a 40ish story building at the site north of the Hudson. I think it'd be interesting to have the top of the building replicate the Capitol dome, except there would be a spire at the top of the dome. At the bottom of the dome, there would be a 10 foot glass wall, this area would serve as a restaurant, executive offices or just an observation area. I've visualized the rest, but won't take up a thread with boring descriptions.

NandO story

Hmmm Highwoods is selling a couple of 3 story office buildings in Raleigh. Its almost as though they are raising capital for something. Hmmm I wonder if there is any reason that Highwoods might want to raise capital, maybe a project or something that they might be building, when one of their tenants relocates downtown :-).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It could be that but lately, Highwoods has been saling a lot of property and what looks like turning the property due to high values. May have more to do with stock price than capital for a new building. But you never know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Bank_Plaza

http://www.urbandb.com/canada/ontario/toro...nk_plaza_south/

Not sure if I amsuppose to post web addresses on UP.org but I know of no other way. I tried to post this before but it did not come through. If you want to imagine what the RBC buidling will look like, take a look at what RBC has done in Toronto. Appears they like glass (they actually have gold glass in their building)

Archived