• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

charlotte_bon_vivant

Five Guys Burgers

16 posts in this topic

Since I couldn't find Cookout, I tried this one instead. It's new to the Charlotte area, but they apparently have a ton of restaurants north of here. Very good burgers. A little on the greasy side. Love the cajun fries. :) It's down York Rd. And they actually have a website! http://www.fiveguys.com/

Five Guys has been in Greenville for several months but I haven't tried it yet. They are supposed to be pretty good. Let us know what you think in comparison to other national burger shops. :)

Yes, it is dine-in. As for a comparision, they're better than Fuddruckers or Johnny Rockets! The burgers are small, but very tastey

Yes, it is dine-in. As for a comparision, they're better than Fuddruckers or Johnny Rockets! The burgers are small, but very tastey

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the tip girly !!! BTW, if you are into great burgers try Comet Cafe' near the Bi-Lo off of Park near Dilworth. Un-freggin-believable ! Trust me, plus the Penguin is pretty good, but my money would bet that you have already been there. ;)

A2

The Penguin! That's on my list of places to see. I've heard so much about it. Actually, I think I'll go tonight.

Thanks for the tip on Comet Cafe. That's close to home, so I'll stop by this weekend.

The Penguin! That's on my list of places to see. I've heard so much about it. Actually, I think I'll go tonight.

Thanks for the tip on Comet Cafe. That's close to home, so I'll stop by this weekend.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you like sushi, like I do :wub: try Rusans' (if you haven't already). If you live close to Comet's near the Bi-Lo, then you are really close to Rusan's. But if you are REALLY INTO SUSHI AND I MEAN REALLY there is none better than Nikko's. It is literally right at the base of the pink bldg, in the next office/resi complex over.

BTW, I think I am going to FiveGuys Burgers tonight. I just called them to see exactly where they are at. Man, it is a ways out there isn't it. Near Tega Cay if I heard right. Oh well, it will be good to drive there since I have not been to Steel Creek in a LONG time. I heard the area is growing like crazy.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND !!! B)

A2

I went to cookout the other night, but left without ordering. This is because their menu was like a book, written in alternating neon colors... with no pictures. Whoever designed this was on crack, and made me feel like I was on crack when I was trying to read it... My eyes couldn't focus and I felt like it could induce a seizure... Def. something to try out during the day.

There is actually one in Kannapolis at the Northlite SC off of Earnhardt Road/I-85. Excellent burgers and hotdogs too. They give you a lot of fries which can be a little on the greasy side.

They are actually a Washington DC area based chain. A lot in the Maryland and Northern Va area.

Love Five Guys!! Loved them in DC and now we have them in Charlotte--I am soooo happy!! Good cow on a bun with a case of fries on the side--tastes like burgers did when I was a kid. AND if you don't want a burger, get a dog!

FYI, they just opened a new location in Ballantyne... Can't wait to see how long it takes them to put Backyard Burgers out of business...!!!

There is one coming "soon" to Mallard Creek Church by University Research Park. It's a small shopping center. The part where Five Guys is going to be hasn't been built yet.

Wow, I didn't know they had Five Guys in North CArolina. I just thought they were here in the DC area. They are opening a new one at Courthouse Metro Station in Arlington.

Alsome I love places like this. Girly I agree with the others about Penguin and Cookout. Here is a Google map for Cookout on Sugar Creek. Acutally it is the Address to Domonic's of New York, which I also reccomend for a greasy Cheesesteak. I couldn't find the exact address for Cookout. And there is another Cookout next to the Wendy's on Albermarle road.