Penn Club Makeover

fishboy

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just previewed the new MVP sports plex, The make over of the former penn club site should be complete the first week in Sept. This is going to be a nice addition to Downtown. Is the ymca still open? I know there is a huge condo conversion going on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are they also renovating the old section (old gentleman's club)? Or just the health club side? I think the Y has officially moved everything to the new site. I saw a bunch of moving vans there the other day.

Are they also renovating the old section (old gentleman's club)?  Or just the health club side?  I think the Y has officially moved everything to the new site.  I saw a bunch of moving vans there the other day.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just the health club side. I think the penn club retained the gents club.

I noticed today they've got a fancy new "MVP Metro Club" sign on Fountain.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure if you can post this w/o breaking forum rules, but what are memberships running these days for places like the YMCA, MVP, etc? Are they comparable to the MAC? I used to work out at a gym in kentwood, but it wasn't one of the fancy "full service" type places, and was just curious what kind of premium pools, slides and all the other goodies brings.

Archived