Another Garbage L.I.S.T Property

blah509

I am sorry if this offends some people but I can't stand to look at another one of those monstrosities. To the architects or lack there of that work at L.I.S.T.......You have got to work harder than that. Your buildings are lacking personality and are a cancer on Tampa. Lets here it for some new zoning restrictions.....New rule #1...NO MORE SPANISH TILE and ROMAN COLUMNS...Stop it...Stop it now.

Sorry for the rant but we need to push for more edgy urban designs not this ho hum, cookie cutter, spanish tile, crap. Throw another dollar or two to your architect(s) please!!!

IMHO

Sorry if I offended anyone, but not L.I.S.T

g

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do realize there are more "edgy urban designs not this ho hum, cookie cutter, spanish tile, crap" hi-rises and urban projects than spanish style. :silly: Also dont forget we live in florida where spanish style is prominent in luxurious homes hell i love spanish style and wish i could afford a house with tile roof that isnt 900sqft or in the southside st.petersburg and living in a single family home for only one year compared to before having a town house since late 1999 and living in a crappy apartment when i moved to St.Petersburg in 1993 i prefer single family homes which are hard to find the size my family needs/wants. Go to South American cities many are filled with tile, im still trying to figure out how phoenix and vegas have more tile than us. Now the new average homes in are just concrete block with stucco slapped on and the cheapest shingle roof the company can find but new homes in the southwest are way nicer with tile yet they still are the general stucco combo.

I am sorry if this offends some people but I can't stand to look at another one of those monstrosities.  To the architects or lack there of that work at L.I.S.T.......You have got to work harder than that.  Your buildings are lacking personality and are a cancer on Tampa.  Lets here it for some new zoning restrictions.....New rule #1...NO MORE SPANISH TILE and ROMAN COLUMNS...Stop it...Stop it now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I happen to really love the spanish tile and roman columns. In most cases, you'll find the ones without them almost cookie-cutter-like. Just plain stucco with white or beige paint, boxy with plain roof. So what kind of personality do you like on buildings?

I happen to really love the spanish tile and roman columns.  In most cases, you'll find the ones without them almost cookie-cutter-like.  Just plain stucco with white or beige paint, boxy with plain roof.  So what kind of personality do you like on buildings?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

0219arts1.jpg

:)

Doh!...the spanish tile wins again

:blush:

:)

Doh!...the spanish tile wins again

:blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no offense meant.....

sorry i think that this city has potential to be a leader. By leader i mean architectually. I have seen recently in the newspapers and online, questions of where is Tampa's youth (read young professionals)? Did anyone think to blame it on how "old" Tampa looks? I know everyone talks about Tampa as being a small town, but it wont be much longer. I am sorry. Therefore this city and its leaders must steer the city to appeal to the younger person/worker. It must look young! Not spanish tile.

g

PS I am not young

no offense meant.....

sorry i think that this city has potential to be a leader.  By leader i mean architectually.  I have seen recently in the newspapers and online, questions of where is Tampa's youth (read young professionals)? Did anyone think to blame it on how "old"  Tampa looks?  I know everyone talks about Tampa as being a small town, but it wont be much longer.  I am sorry.  Therefore this city and its leaders must steer the city to appeal to the younger person/worker.  It must look young!  Not spanish tile.

g

PS I am not young

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am young and I like spanish tile. This is a matter of taste/preferences not age. If you want to draw younger person/workers to downtown, give them a reason to live here (ie jobs) If you want to draw afluent younger workers to downtown, give them a reason to live here (ie. BOA, more white collar businesses).

hjack

no offense meant.....

sorry i think that this city has potential to be a leader.  By leader i mean architectually.  I have seen recently in the newspapers and online, questions of where is Tampa's youth (read young professionals)? Did anyone think to blame it on how "old"  Tampa looks?  I know everyone talks about Tampa as being a small town, but it wont be much longer.  I am sorry.  Therefore this city and its leaders must steer the city to appeal to the younger person/worker.  It must look young!  Not spanish tile.

g

PS I am not young

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder why Phoenix and Las Vegas have so many young people then?

Archived