New Orleans in Early AM

alon504

Here is a nice shot of New Orleans taken just before sunrise this morning (Friday, August 19, 2005). It was taken by a local resident from the Westbank of the Mississippi River just before sunrise. It was posted on a local forum here in New Orleans and I thought I'd share the pretty pic with you guys...

NOLADAWN.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, we have our real set of issues, but, I've learned every city does through experience. That skyline won't be looking like that too much longer....We've got some serious towers in the works. Even I'm surprised by the size and height of these projects. But, I'm sure they'll be attractive, conservative towers that fit into New Orleans nicely. We guard our uniqueness very tightly....

Why would you live BELOW sea level, that close to the sea... I'm missing something here... doesn't seem one bit logical.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wasnt always below sea level the city is sinking but thats like saying why live in the steep hills of california when in an earthquake the crappy wood frame house will break and fall down the hill or in florida why pay so much for a water front home 1ft above sea level if in the weakest of hurricanes it gets flooded. Point is New Orleans is an important city its not going to go away much like people arentt going to stop moving to the gulf and atlantic coast cause of hurricanes.

Wasnt always below sea level the city is sinking but thats like saying why live in the steep hills of california when in an earthquake the crappy wood frame house will break and fall down the hill or in florida why pay so much for a water front home 1ft above sea level if in the weakest of hurricanes it gets flooded. Point is New Orleans is an important city its not going to go away much like people arentt going to stop moving to the gulf and atlantic coast cause of hurricanes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Norfolk is below sea level too and is growing rapidly too. It flooded one day with a flash flood to 4 feet of water with just a .5 hour of steady and heavy rain. I personally seen a lady in a car floating down the road. Two guys jumped in the water and pulled her out and then seen big dumpsters floating down the street too. Its no where near as bad as New Orleans though. I hope that its alright cause I do have family down there.

Archived