►Tallahassee Photo of the Day◄

Florida

No... thank you Poonther... the reason I titiled this one Historic Calhoun #1 is because I knew absolutely nothing about the actual home other than it was pretty.... I just learned a good bit from you.

And yes... no politicial jokes! You know there is a proposal for the Democrats to purchase yet another HQ downtown and sell off their current location. I think they would be good where Scott Maddox set up his Gov. Campaign HQ in that pink building on Virginia Street I think... and yes I have a picture of it (but I won't post it now).

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shouldn't it be "Florida Belle Apartments"?

Great Shots, I love pics of scrapers, no matter how boxy (calling it a belle is a bit of a stretch ;) )

And, whoever Pupu is, happy birthday to Pupu, too! (a friend of yours/your Girlfriend?)

Edited by ironchapman

AH, so she has seen (or at least my posts) the guy you were talking about when you said "Iron" in Walmart a few weeks ago then ;) (My memory scares me)

Georgia must've been the builder's daughter or something. It's not too uncommon fpr that to happen. A very affluent family in my county, the Tidwells, used to own some land where the "Tidwell Place" (or something like that) subdvision is now.

Edited by ironchapman

No, it's another lawyer's office. They remodeled this house about 5 years ago. They have offices here in Tally and one in Key West so the sign says. Sometimes they fly the Conch Republic flag from the front porch. The pet rest station is a popular thing in Key West. They also planted several Sabal Palms (the state tree) under their live oaks to give it that unique and my favorite type of North Florida look.

Today's pic of the day is an old house again used as a business. Wanna guess what type of profession is in that one? That's right another lawyer's office. Again I like the palms under the live oaks. This time it's Sagos which really are not in the palm family but they'll do! Another good shot T.J.