►Tallahassee Photo of the Day◄

Florida

Hey is that what the sun looks like?

Nice shot. I like the split leaf philendendrons under those Live Oaks just to the right of the shot.

See the taller blue(ish) building down Monroe to the left. It use to be the SouthTrust Bank building now I think it's the Wachovia Bank building, but I'm not sure about that because I can never keep up w/all these bank mergers. Anyway, they have some great tall windmill palms along their College Street side (around Goodies Eatery.) Well the front one at the corner of Monroe and College has been dead for about 3 months. Looks awful. Check it out. I wish they would take some civic pride and just replant another one. It would take all of about 15 minutes and only cost them the amount they probably charge for one bounced check.

Is there any type of commercial landscape enforcement in Tally?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you know where Fat Sandwitch is? Or All Saints Street? These murals and more can be found over there.

I know exactly where All Saints Street is, I've been there many times, thougth I never noticed the murals. I guess I just need to spend a day walking around the city for reasons other than business. I'll add this to my list of things to do once I manage to get a camera! ;)

Thats a beautiful picture, btw. :thumbsup:

Haven't been here in a while, now have I? :)

I'm sorry, I've just been busy with school, life, and other areas of this site.

Great photos lately, TJ. You've really got some skill with that camera. My favorites in the last few days were the one from the 5th, which, IMO, looks like its mostly on fire, and the one from the 8th (I love a good street shot! :yahoo: )

The one you posted today is beautiful, like an explosion of gold and fire just leaping out at us the viewers.

^As you can tell, I'm feeling very descriptive today. Hope you don't mind ;)

Edited by ironchapman

Haven't been here in a while, now have I? :)

I'm sorry, I've just been busy with school, life, and other areas of this site.

Great photos lately, TJ. You've really got some skill with that camera. My favorites in the last few days were the one from the 5th, which, IMO, looks like its mostly on fire, and the one from the 8th (I love a good street shot! :yahoo: )

The one you posted today is beautiful, like an explosion of gold and fire just leaping out at us the viewers.

^As you can tell, I'm feeling very descriptive today. Hope you don't mind ;)

LOL! I should be busy with school life too... I need to be studying my risk management at this moment but it seems I'm afraid of the book! LOL! I'll get right on it after my shower... I'm serious this time.

Thank you both for the kind words on the pictures... I'm trying to make them better each time. I'm getting there!! Still working on that Garris quality stuff.

Thank you both for the kind words on the pictures... I'm trying to make them better each time. I'm getting there!! Still working on that Garris quality stuff.

I might be getting a chance to develop my talent more often after Christmas. Santa might be bringing me a nice digital camera that I found...if I've been a good boy. ;)

I'd also like to add that I love that "Directions from All Saints" pic you posted. Quite a work of art it is.

Edited by ironchapman

What Brand did you find... what are the specs?

I found a Kodak DX 6490 on sale at Office Max. Good stuff. I've done the research and this one offered more of what I wanted than any other camera I found in its price range ($250 at Office Max). :shades:

Edited by ironchapman

Well it seems that we are both looking at Kodak's IC!

I'm looking at the Kodak Easyshare Z740.

The 10x optical zoom and the 5.0 megapixels were what first drew me into the camera. And the fact that the camera comes with a travel case and a printer, and that it's on sale for $280 at Circuit City also got my attention. :D

Hopefully within the next few weeks, IC and I will have digital cameras of our own, and you'll be able to comment on some of our pictures TJ! :P

Edited by NCB

I need to get myself a new digital camera..... I had a Canon PowerShot A200. It was a really nice camera, but I sold it earlier this year to someone who'd never had one. It took nice photos and had video capabilities, but I'm not that much of a photographer these days. I used to photograph buses like crazy, but those days have come to an end.

I'm looking for a camera with a decent zoom! The PowerShot had okay zoom, had up to 4.0 digital zoom, but the pictures came out more blurry as the zoom increased.

Good luck with your cameras! :)