►Tallahassee Photo of the Day◄

Florida

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How long is the slogan "just read Florida" going to stay on that building? While I don't mind the script up there at the top, I'm just tired of that particular slogan. I've been hoping they'd change it to something else.

Maybe something like "Fear the FCAT!" would be appropriate. :P

On a positive note, I was eating at Harry's this past weekend at night and the education bldg. had all its lights on inside. It looked great. I wish many of the other tall bldgs. in town would do the same.

I agree...part of having an 18-hour downtown is making downtown look "alive." Keeping some lights on at our tall buildings is part of that I think.

On a side note, the slogan "Just Read Florida" is a perfect reflection of our governor's attitude towards education in Florida. It just seems a very flippant hands-off slogan.

Might wanna take that sign down, we all get the picture.

What sign?

Good thing the Presidents of FSU don't have to live there anymore b/c I don't think the place is big enough for T.K.'s (The King) ego.

But it is nice to see it all fixed up. It was really in sad shape a few years ago.

:lol: Yeah! I'm not sure who's right on the Chemistry building issue... him or the professor... afterall the details in the paper aren't clear. But it would seem to me, the professor is being treated unfairly.

Yeah! I'm not sure who's right on the Chemistry building issue... him or the professor... afterall the details in the paper aren't clear. But it would seem to me, the professor is being treated unfairly.

Bottom line for me is...........don't keep sending me letters all the time asking me for money T.K. and turn around and give an $11 million gift back and thus pass up on matching state funds from this gift. You are the President T.K. and you are paid to work out tough situations like this and come up w/a compromise that will BENEFIT the university. Park your ego at the door T.K. I am sure the professor is a tough guy to work with and has an ego too, but the man has made millions in royalities already for FSU. Most academic universities would kill for a guy like this on staff. The guy invented Taxol for Og's sake and has saved countless lives. T.K. on the other hand is a good ole boy football jock that was a Community College Prez and a fat cat politician. I just think that ole T.K. can't handle being told what to do.

That's my 2 cents. I'm very sure others see it differently.

Bottom line for me is...........don't keep sending me letters all the time asking me for money T.K. and turn around and give an $11 million gift back and thus pass up on matching state funds from this gift. You are the President T.K. and you are paid to work out tough situations like this and come up w/a compromise that will BENEFIT the university. Park your ego at the door T.K. I am sure the professor is a tough guy to work with and has an ego too, but the man has made millions in royalities already for FSU. Most academic universities would kill for a guy like this on staff. The guy invented Taxol for Og's sake and has saved countless lives. T.K. on the other hand is a good ole boy football jock that was a Community College Prez and a fat cat politician. I just think that ole T.K. can't handle being told what to do.

That's my 2 cents. I'm very sure others see it differently.

That statement is 100% pure. :thumbsup:

TJ that pix was snapped from the roof of City Hall wasn't it?

I took it from the 3rd floor snack lounge. Nice views in there.

Great shot TJ :thumbsup:

Will the new Kleman Tower be visible soon from that vantage point?

Unfortunately it won't. That picture was taken looking North. The Plaza tower would have been off to the west.

A beautiful ride home after a long bike ride in East Tally

Image043.jpg

Nice one! I love how you captured that sunset. I tried to point out the pinks and purples to my girlfriend as we were on our way back from County Road 12... we had to go give that road a try as someone on here suggested I do... and it was fun. That area has hills like no other in Tallahassee! I swear it felt like I was on a car roller coaster. Its amazing the road is in such good shape with all of the drastic curves and hills.

You should paint that picture Murphy!

btw... I'm guessing you're on Apalachee Parkway... close to the smelly spot!