►Tallahassee Photo of the Day◄

Florida

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah... I'd say we have our share. I'm rather disappointed at how much of our historic buildings and homes were either destroyed or torn down without good reason. But we still have a good few standing.

It's all in the name of progress.

Atlanta has done more than its fair share. we even tore down Loew's Grand theater (the one that Gone With the Wind premiered in) to build the Westin Peachtree (I believe). :)

Peplacing one landmark for another...at least it was a fair trade.

I don't know why... but I have a problem with that. Its like our Surpreme Court situation. Where we had a nice, old historic court, but tore it down because it was too small. I think it could have been turned into a law museum, and the new court built on another site.

I don't know why... but I have a problem with that. Its like our Surpreme Court situation. Where we had a nice, old historic court, but tore it down because it was too small. I think it could have been turned into a law museum, and the new court built on another site.

I can agree with that. I wasn't necessarily saying I liked it either, but it was better than replacing it with an ugly or forgotten building.

Well, at least we still have the building that inspired the Flatiron in New york, the Atlanta Flatiron!

Take a look at the building that inspired the NYC Flatiron! (Pics by Martinman):

flat2.jpg

Flatiron2.jpg

My Camera phone attempt at ....

THE PICTURE OF THE DAY

Image037.jpg

Tallahassee center at 5.49am!!! ENVY MY WORK SCHEDULE

YAY!!! Finally a picture from someone other than me!

I was stressing out about what to post knowing I have to continue to study, but thanks to Good Ol' Reliable (CSMurphy) we get to see the nearly framed Tallahassee Center all lit up. Matter of fact... my girlfriend and I were at Wing Stop on Tennessee Street last night picking up an order when I took a look at the skyline from there. I saw very easily both the Tallahassee Center (with every floor lit) and the Tennyson. Looks like those two buildings will have a significan impact on the skyline from that location. If only there was a way for us to bury our powerlines and trees over there! LOL! Just kidding abou the trees my friends.

Great Job csmurphy!