A Spire in New Orleans?

NCB

What type of building style do you think looks better in New Orleans  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What type of building style do you think looks better in New Orleans

• A Spire
    • Just a normal boxy style

New Orleans will rise again, although somewhat smaller than before. I totally agree that reports of toxic contamination, etc. are almost certainly wildly exaggerated. I believe that there is a chance that a new attitude may develop in New Orleans when it comes back, one of much less corruption, and much more working together. If that happens, New Orleans could one day become greater than ever before. :D

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Orleans will rise again, although somewhat smaller than before. I totally agree that reports of toxic contamination, etc. are almost certainly wildly exaggerated. I believe that there is a chance that a new attitude may develop in New Orleans when it comes back, one of much less corruption, and much more working together. If that happens, New Orleans could one day become greater than ever before. :D

I agree. The population will come back slowly, but it will definitely rise again, bigger and much better than before.

About the spire, if it has quality and looks, great.....but if its cheap, get rid of it, you dont want a great city with a sore thumb sticking out the middle

Well, no one knows for sure what will happen with this building, and of course, there are more important things going on in New Orleans right now than the Trump Tower. But it seems that we all wouldn't mind a spire is it was classy, well designed, and mixed in well with the current skyline.

I feel that this building will be a fitting symbol of New Orleans rising from the rubble and reaching higher than ever before. Donald Trump says the project will go forward, and Press Kabacoff says that verticle living will be a large part of New Orleans' future, going on to say that he would be interested in future mid-rise condo developments. New Orleans is coming back, and this will be a very symbolic project, spire or not.

I completely agree TSmith.

The Trump Tower project moving forward is a great example of New Orleans moving forward, and when the building is completed, it will be a great example of New Orleans returning to its original glory.

• 3 weeks later...

A 900 foot, 70+ story spired tower was proposed for the New Orleans CBD in the Spring of 1983. It would have been located at the corner of Poydras & Loyola, adjoining the Poydras Plaza development. The published design was by Cesar Pelli and was a slender black glass pinnacle...I hadn't thought about this building in years until I saw this topic...if you look inside THE TALL BUILDING ARTISTICALLY RECONSIDERED, a 1992 book by Ada Louise Huxtable, you will find a rendering of this tower. It would have been quite sweet however the mid-80s oil bust obviously killed the plan...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived