Summit East

Florida

Summit East

SonyShots003.jpg

A look at the New Summit East hotel still under development. Not all exterior walls are complete, as crews appear to be paying careful attention to detail.

SonyShots004.jpg

A look at the new office building just recently completed in Summit East. It is currently, already almost fully occupied by a company.

SonyShots002.jpg

Hillside Building

SonyShots001.jpg

Waterfront Building, housing IBM offices, Congressman Allen Boyd's Office, Vista Health Care and others.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been with CHP for a long time and love them. I remember when Vista was Healthplan SouthEast and they wnat to come to Bay Medical Center as our insurance provider and the Hospital said sure if you will pay us the over 6 million you owe the hospital. Of course that did not happen.

TJ if I am not mistaken my mother in law works at FSU and think she is having to get another insurance company because they are dropping Vista. I will check into for ya.

• 3 weeks later...

StayBridge Hotel to Open February 15

By: T.J. Lewis

Self-Appointed Tallahassee Business Reporter :shades:

SonyShots003-1.jpg

According to company website they are now accepting reservations for stay on February 15. This facility is slated to become the 6th Staybridge hotel in Florida, with other hotels in Plantation, Lake Buena Vista, Miami/Doral Area, Naples, Orlando. Another Florida StayBridge Hotel is set to follow Tallahassee's, being built in Tampa's Sabal Park area.

Staybridge-Tallahassee offers individual travelers and families a choice of three spacious suite types, a Studio, a One Bedroom, or Two Bedroom Suite, each with a fully equipped kitchen, separate living and sleeping areas, 27

• 1 month later...

Article published Mar 1, 2007

Upscale hotel opens at Summit East park

It will cater to business execs

By Steve Liner

DEMOCRAT BUSINESS EDITOR

Florida's Entrepreneur of the Year said Wednesday he has no intention of diverting his attention to the hospitality business, despite his investment in a new, upscale extended-stay Staybridge Hotel. Rick Kearney, whose Mainline Information Systems is the centerpiece of the technology park at Summit East, just east of Interstate 10 on U.S. Highway 90, invested in the hotel personally, he said, but isn't interested in opening any other hotels. "Staybridge is synergistic with the businesses here," he said in an interview at opening ceremonies for the new hotel. "This upscale hotel is part of the image we're trying to create here."

Most of the businesses that call Summit East home are companies with national and international clientele, he said. Focus Learning Systems, for example, offers training that includes numbers of out-of-town hotel stays. Kearney also mentioned URS and WRS, both enterprises with headquarters in the park, with clients who travel to Tallahassee frequently. The Staybridge hotels represent the nation's fastest growing extended-stay hotel group, according to Rob Radowski, the Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG) vice president in charge of the brand that had 50 hotels in 2004. The Tallahassee hotel became hotel No. 100 Wednesday.

The new Tallahassee hotel was built by Mad Dog Construction Co. and is now open to guests.

Congrats to Rick Kearney and Summit East on the Grand Opening of their New Hotel.

Staybridge Hotel truly Upscale

Above I reported on the opening of Tallahassee's Newest Extended Stay hotel. Today I visited in order to bring some updated images to UrbanPlanet.

It was refreshing to see the place finished, with all of the construction vehicles and portables gone. When I entered I noticed the quality almost instantly. The place was clean, the smell was like a fresh pine forest, and the lady that greeted me was very courteous. She allowed me to take the picture of the inside once I explained to her who I was and what I was doing she gave me keys to three different rooms, a studio, a 2 bed room suite, and a 1 bed room suite. I also took some pictures of the lobby area, and exterior of the building. They may not all fit on one post, but I'll get them all on somehow.

Enjoy.

Staybridge Exterior

marchupdate106.jpg

marchupdate105.jpg

marchupdate107.jpg

marchupdate108.jpg

marchupdate109.jpg

marchupdate110.jpg

marchupdate111.jpg

marchupdate112.jpg

marchupdate113.jpg

Staybridge

The Lobby

marchupdate046.jpg

marchupdate047.jpg

marchupdate048.jpg

Greeting Room

marchupdate049.jpg

marchupdate050.jpg

marchupdate051.jpg

marchupdate052.jpg

marchupdate054.jpg

marchupdate055.jpg

marchupdate056.jpg

marchupdate057.jpg

Waiting Area Near Elevator

marchupdate058.jpg

1st Floor Hall

marchupdate059.jpg

Very Nice Elevator, I could have sworn there was an actual woman in the walls talking to me. She didn't sound robotic at all, as a matter of fact, she had some personallity

marchupdate060.jpg

View out of the 3rd floor Window of the Hotel

Staybridge

Suite 329

"The Two Bedroom Suite"

marchupdate078.jpg

marchupdate079.jpg

marchupdate080.jpg

marchupdate081.jpg

marchupdate082.jpg

In two-bedroom suites, you'll find BOSE acustic sound radios. Quality stuff.

marchupdate083.jpg

The bed in the "Master"

marchupdate084.jpg

The Bathroom Area in the "Master"

marchupdate085.jpg

The "Other" Room

marchupdate086.jpg

The Bose radio located in the "other" room as well.

marchupdate087.jpg

TV and Desk Area in the "Other" Bedroom

marchupdate088.jpg

marchupdate089.jpg

marchupdate090.jpg

marchupdate091.jpg

marchupdate092.jpg

The View outside this suite's window.

You did mean Gameday and not the Marriott on Gaines right? I just want to confirm. I would have loved to tour the inside of one of those rooms just for comparison. I'm also growing increasingly excited about the Aloft Hotel going up on the Floridan block.

Well there really is only one fugly A/C unit in town that I talk about so it is Gameday that I refer to. That's my point, this hotel (which is in the Holiday Inn/Intercontential Group) is just about if not better looking than Gameday's lobby and individual units based on your fabulous pix TJ.

Speaking of Residence Inn, I am very disappointed in their landscaping. I remember the rendering showed palms trees which of course peaked my interested, but when I drove by the other day there was barely any landscaping to even speak of. The place looks cold and stark as you see it from the street. While I love palm trees, this is not the my problem w/it. The problem is no landscaping period. At this point I'd even settle for some Crappy Myrtles there.

I am sure they will miss it up some way or another. Squander is a good choice of words. They will probable wait about 10 years to late to do something, and they spend millions to buy it back. When they could do something now before anything is there.

Archived