Summit East

Florida

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went out to Summit East today and I see they've nearly completed the framing of Florida Commerce's new HQ. They're calling the building the Cornerview Building. It was designed by DodStone Architects, same as the Alliance Building downtown, and I believe Mad Dog is the builder (as I believe they've had a hand at building most all of the buildings at Summit East).

The retail space near the front of the complex is also coming along. The steel frame of that structure is nearly complete as well. Sorry I can't provide pictures at this time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IHG's extended-stay brands grow strong pipelines in 2007

Suites and Candlewood Suites had a significant role in continuing IHG's (InterContinental Hotels Group) growth momentum in the Americas region during 2007 as the company expanded its pipeline to more than 141,000 rooms (1,330 hotels). During the year, the Americas region signed 75,279 rooms - with the two extended-stay brands contributing more than 24 percent to the region's total.

During the year, Staybridge Suites eclipsed some important milestones. The brand opened a record number of hotels in one year with 25 properties (2,515 rooms) - surpassing its previous high total of opening 21 hotels in 2003. One of the 25 hotels to open in 2007 was the brand's 100th property in Tallahassee, Fla., making Staybridge Suites the fastest brand to reach that milestone in the upscale extended-stay category. Staybridge Suites also opened hotels in Sacramento, Calif.; Albuquerque, N.M.; Mayfield Heights, Ohio; London, Ontario; Chattanooga, Tenn.; Dallas, Texas and Chesapeake, Va.

Source: ehotelier.com

This is the building that at the time it was being framed, I thought would be an IHOP. However now w/the Parkway IHOP and the EL IHOP, we know that is not true. That's a drive-thru window on the last bay. It would be a good spot for a Starbucks or a Dunkin' Donuts. However most of the Dunkin's I know of are free-standing.

Archived