Car Dealers

Florida

I've noticed there has been a move in the past few years with the car dealerships and the east side of town.

Long before anyone came around the Proctor Store sat across from the Lafyette Center Publix on Mahan, but then we saw the opening of University Chevrolet, Prestige Infiniti. Two months ago Kraft Nissan opened doors on Mahan in a very nice store and now just off of Capital Circle a Cadillac and Hummer Store are coming to life.

There have been talks of a Jaguar and Range Rover Store to join the group. We're still awaiting details on this one, but surely there is something going on here.

db_PROCTOR_GMC1.jpg

Proctor GM, SABB

the20dealership20002.jpg

Kraft Nissan

DSCF0431.jpg

Cadillac and Hummer

DSCF0429.jpg

Hummer

DSCF0428.jpg

Hummer

DSCF0436.jpg

Prestige Infiniti

DSCF0437.jpg

Prestige

DSCF0435.jpg

Ted's Montana Grill - Next to Prestige

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they are following hte money. The east/NE side of tallahassee is the market for cars. I got my car from University Chev on cap cir. which was new at the time. I bet more will come within the next few years. But the empty corner of Mahan and Capital Circle has got to go. What an important intersection to have an undeveloped corner.

lol

only the tallahassee forum would have 3 cats on at 3.30am

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's because there's no one on in my home forum, Atlanta.

On moving east: Do you think it might be a business thing to make the cars more availiable to more people? Has there been a lot of growth in the North, Northeast, or east in the past few years. That might be the reason.

Thanks for posting the pictures of the Cadillac/Hummer dealership. I had seen those buildings brightly lit at night during my recent Tallahassee visit, but had no idea what they were going to be. My working assumption was that the building on the left was going to be a Starbucks. :) Similar style.

• 2 years later...

Proctor's GM lines moving to University Chevrolet

University Chevrolet Inc. will close Wednesday in preparation for the incoming vehicle inventory from Proctor Pontiac-Cadillac-GMC on Mahan Drive. About 350 cars and trucks are involved in the transfer, which takes place Thursday. University, 1850 Capital Circle N.E., announced in November it was acquiring the Proctor family's GM lines. The deal also includes the Buick and Hummer franchises Proctor owned.

University's Chevrolet inventory will be moved to its sister dealership, Champion Chevrolet Inc., on West Tennessee Street. Strom and Revell have owned Champion since 1992. University will reopen Thursday. Proctor is continuing with the family's Honda and Acura dealerships. The Proctors have been in the automobile business locally since 1910. Selling the GM operations freed their organization to pursue other business endeavors, according to owner Theo Proctor Jr.

-------------------------------------------

What's going to happen to those brand new stores!!

Endeavors such as Lexus?! I believe they may get it -- the franchise. I think customer service survey scores are too Low at the Toyota store for them to get it at this time. I've heard a rumor that when Legacy moves into its new store, Capital Eurocars will Occupy the vacated space Toyota now occupies. That would lead me to question whether or not the University/Champion group wants to sell that AutoSmart Dealership to Eurocars as well...

-------------------------------------------

What's going to happen to those brand new stores!!

Endeavors such as Lexus?! I believe they may get it -- the franchise. I think customer service survey scores are too Low at the Toyota store for them to get it at this time. I've heard a rumor that when Legacy moves into its new store, Capital Eurocars will Occupy the vacated space Toyota now occupies. That would lead me to question whether or not the University/Champion group wants to sell that AutoSmart Dealership to Eurocars as well...

Its not uncommon for Toyota and Lexus dealerships to not be owned by the same people. I would actually say its more common for them to be owned by seperate people. I know in some cases Toyota likes to keep the two dealerships next door or in close proximity to each other (see Lexus of Orlando and Courtesy Toyota, literally right next door to each other on Semoran Blvd.) Either way, I think its a good thing that Tallahassee may be getting one. Now you all can use your "stimulus gift" to buy a Lexus haha!

A little off the topic. I mentioned several weeks ago that Home Depot was interested in building on the Buick site that fronts on Mahan. I've since been told that permitting issues lead them to back off the deal. It's my understanding that Target is currently in talks with the Proctor family about building on the dealership property that fronts Mahan. Publix, Target, Walmart, Costco, Development at I-10 - I will never have to cross over Cap. Cir again.

A little off the topic. I mentioned several weeks ago that Home Depot was interested in building on the Buick site that fronts on Mahan. I've since been told that permitting issues lead them to back off the deal. It's my understanding that Target is currently in talks with the Proctor family about building on the dealership property that fronts Mahan. Publix, Target, Walmart, Costco, Development at I-10 - I will never have to cross over Cap. Cir again.

• 2 weeks later...

If true, that will be at least the 3rd owners of the Hyundai dealership in the last 5 years.

Question: Why don't we have an Audi dealership here? Is there anything in the works to bring one here? I ASSume if one comes it will go to the bird-brains over at Capital Eurocars? Don't get me started on those folks over there. When Volvo was sold from Kraft to Capital Eurocars, the service and friendliness went out the window.

If true, that will be at least the 3rd owners of the Hyundai dealership in the last 5 years.

Question: Why don't we have an Audi dealership here? Is there anything in the works to bring one here? I ASSume if one comes it will go to the bird-brains over at Capital Eurocars? Don't get me started on those folks over there. When Volvo was sold from Kraft to Capital Eurocars, the service and friendliness went out the window.

Archived