Jonas Federal Courthouse Expansion ( 10 floors / 165 feet) + Historic Renovation

uptownliving

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Yeahdoug said:

Seems like they did a decent job matching the color to the old building. I wish the would have incorporated some Circular columns in the tower but I guess it’s ok. 

...and if the potential midrise building ever appears across 4th on the NE parcel of the ballpark block, you'll mainly see the sides of the tower, and not the facade that's primary now. 

8 hours ago, JacksonH said:

The Grand Bohemian stands nextdoor to where the Hotel Charlotte once stood.   The Jonas Courthouse is a block away from where the Polk Building stood.  It's some consolation to have these two new structures emerging,  and I like them both, but I'll never get over the loss of the Hotel Charlotte and I remain sickened about the destruction of the Polk Building and I have no interest in seeing pictures of that generic apartment building taking its place.  Sigh.

My sentiments 118% !   When there's been *nothing* else to peruse here, I've looked maybe once or twice at the thread, but otherwise I generally ignore it, for the reasons you expressed.  

• Thanks 1