Jonas Federal Courthouse Expansion ( 10 floors / 165 feet) + Historic Renovation

uptownliving

1 hour ago, wadesboro2 said:

The Builders Building will be fine. First Pres owns that lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Pres will sell their land within 3-5 years for Affordable housing, a new community center and office. 

Just now, KJHburg said:

I am assuming this is not speculation on your part but whispers you have heard? 

It's educated speculation. I talked to First Presby a few years back, and it was on their radar, and this was before Apex. Churches need to pivot to survive in 2020, and theres a notable shift happening with urban churches, and I would think First Presby sells that lot soon.

On 4/5/2020 at 9:21 AM, NYCLT said:

Its like our very own Bronx County Courthouse

Bronx County Courthouse.jpg

Funny!  The courts in NY are so gorgeous.  60 Centre Street, the Surrogate's Court on Chambers, the Second Circuit Courthouse on Foley Square, the Southern District Bankruptcy Court, and the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District in Brooklyn are among the most gorgeous courthouses in America.

This new addition in Charlotte is awesome too.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, QCxpat said:

Today @ 11:15 a.m.

court 3.jpg

I remember a post by Ricky Ricardo a while back where, IIRC, he said they planned to paint the window mullions a dark grey or bronze color and planned to do the same to the old section to match and included some renderings.  I don't think I've ever seen aluminum window frames like this painted after the fact before.  Typically you order the color you want (or that's available from the manufacturer) and they come powder-coated in that finish.  These look to me like they're done.  It does look like a hospital or monastery.