Jonas Federal Courthouse Expansion ( 10 floors / 165 feet) + Historic Renovation

uptownliving

On 2/2/2019 at 5:44 PM, KJHburg said:

Dueling cranes up at the Jonas Federal Courthouse.  How tall is this exactly I know about 9 stories but the floor height is high I know.

Drive bys taken by my passenger. 

For a nearby comparison, about half the height of Trademark. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, King of the Queen City said:

This area is going to have a nice vibe with the courthouse and the Grand Bohemian Hotel. I know it couldn’t sit in the exact same spot, but if only we could find a way to move the original Mint back to Mint Street and build an exact replica of the Hotel Charlotte.  I love modern Charlotte but I do wish a little more of our past had survived.

I have high hopes for this stretch of Trade St as well, but much will depend on what goes across the street from TradeMark... sooo much potential in that parking lot. 

• Like 4

I remember reading an article that said this building would take 8 years to complete...like wtf lol. Maybe they meant 8 years from planning to finished. 

I remember 5 years. 3 years for the new building to complete. Think that clock started running July’ish last year probably. Then 2 years for the renovation and refurbishment of the current building.

7 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

I remember 5 years. 3 years for the new building to complete. Think that clock started running July’ish last year probably. Then 2 years for the renovation and refurbishment of the current building.

ok, well yeah that makes more sense now. forgot about the renovations plus the addition.