Palm Beach County

wishiwereinfl

I stand the chance of a possible relocation to either the Twin Cities or Palm Beach County. As much as I love Florida, I think that to get a nice home in a golf course community is way too overpriced. I am willing to spend as much as $900,000 for the perfect home, but I need some info as to which areas are the best (schools, amenities,etc.) I've already asked for some info on the Twin Cities so in order to give Florida justice, please post.

Thanks again!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stand the chance of a possible relocation to either the Twin Cities or Palm Beach County.  As much as I love Florida, I think that to get a nice home in a golf course community is way too overpriced.  I am willing to spend as much as $900,000 for the perfect home, but I need some info as to which areas are the best (schools, amenities,etc.)  I've already asked for some info on the Twin Cities so in order to give Florida justice, please post.

Thanks again!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have fun, I'm hoping to get down to Palm Beach Co in a couple of years. Prices are high but not unreasonable, $900k will still get you a very nice home. It's really in the <$300k range where land values have really caused homes to be unreasonable - at the high end you get what you pay for. Atlantic High in Delray Beach is very good but I don't know much else about the schools. The area is very clean and simply gorgeous. Also, if you're going to be working in West Palm proper look at Wellington and Palm Beach Gardens. If you really like golf there are plenty of homes around PGA National's Golf Club golf courses in Palm Beach Gardens at decent prices, at least well within your range.

Hey, I appreciate the info. I've heard good things about Wellington and PB Gardens. However, I've heard that the traffic can be horrible going into West Palm from the outer suburbs. However, coming from D.C., it shouldn't be much of a problem for me, as traffic is apart of everyday life. After during futher research, each of these communities have much to offer, so I would very much appreciate it if someone that knew each of these areas well, could post some more info on them.

Once again, thanks! :)

Hey, I appreciate the info.  I've heard good things about Wellington and PB Gardens.  However, I've heard that the traffic can be horrible going into West Palm from the outer suburbs.  However, coming from D.C., it shouldn't be much of a problem for me, as traffic is apart of everyday life.  After during futher research, each of these communities have much to offer, so I would very much appreciate it if someone that knew each of these areas well, could post some more info on them.

Once again, thanks! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed, traffic is terrible but a fraction of that you're used to in DC. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, I'm officially moving To Florida! I found a home in Wellington, about 15 miles inland. Despite its distance from the coast, it's perfect for families. There's a large mall with Nordstroms, Macy's, Dillards, California Pizza Kitchen, The Bamboo Club, and much, much more. There are many stores and restaurants that surround it such as Barnes and Noble, Circuit City, Buca di Beppo, Macaroni Grill, Chilis and once again, these are just a few. The community is filled with gated country clubs and large homes, perfect for families. The polo fields even throw a big festival in the winter, which attracts many celebrities! The schools are still not as good as they are in NoVA, but they are improving, which is nice to see. The neighborhood in which I bought a home is Olympia, which is beautiful with is fountains and landscaping. The commute might be a little longer than I had hoped for, but atleast and can avoid the notorious "Beltway." Well, I do have 1 question though. The only people with whom I have come in contact here, are those whom are paying for services. Realtors, waiters, etc. So, I am anxious to know what people are really like down here. Please respond.

^Welcome to Palm Beach County! Wellington is very suburban, but it's nice. The Mall at Wellington Green is beautiful.

If you want to know what MOST of the people down here are like, there's one word:

Rude.

I noticed this all too well when I first moved down here. People honk their horns is such a rude manner, compared to other places. There's alot of New Yorkers that fled to Florida, so that may explain it. (I'm not hating on NY people; I have some friends that contradict my generalizations!)

But I hope you enjoy South Florida. If I may ask, where are you working? Just wondering what your commute will be like from Olympia...

:)

^Welcome to Palm Beach County!  Wellington is very suburban, but it's nice.  The Mall at Wellington Green is beautiful. 

If you want to know what MOST of the people down here are like, there's one word:

Rude.

I noticed this all too well when I first moved down here.  People honk their horns is such a rude manner, compared to other places.  There's alot of New Yorkers that fled to Florida, so that may explain it.  (I'm not hating on NY people; I have some friends that contradict my generalizations!)

But I hope you enjoy South Florida.  If I may ask, where are you working?  Just wondering what your commute will be like from Olympia...

:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's the one thing that makes me not want to move down there, the New York/Northeastern attitude that's so out of place in Florida. Maybe over time these people will lighten up.

In my experience, New Yorkers are just as friendly, if not more friendly than Floridians from both North and South Florida.  Its nothing more than an overblown stereotype.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, I have never met any rude New Yorkers while in New York. I found them friendlier then most people in FL, especially south fl. I think society sees them as rude because they are always in there own world on the streets of NY. Almost ablivious to there surroundings. I dunno, that's just my 2 cents. :)

Archived