Your Cities Big Gay Event

alon504

What are the big gay events in your hometown? This is a question that pops into the head as New Orleans heads into Labor Day Weekend, soon, when we have the annual Southern Decadence Celebration when close to 150,000 gay individuals flock to New Orleans to have a huge, fun, outrageous time. There are so many people that come that all hotels in the area require a 3 night minimum stay at top prices. Restaurants and taxi drivers praise the celebration as it is known to be very generaous and full of heavy spenders and it signals the end of the slower Summer season.

Two Sites To This Event:

http://www.southerndecadence.com/

http://www.southerndecadence.net/

And here are some pics of Southern Decadence in New Orleans...you be the judge. From the 9th Ward through the Quarter to Uptown, Labor Day weekend in New Orleans is different than anywhere else!!! :w00t:

DEC1.jpg

DEC2.jpg

DEC5.jpg

DEC3.jpg

DEC9.jpg

DEC6.jpg

DEC7.jpg

DEC4.jpg

DEC8.jpg\

And the Southern Belles Invite You to New Orleans For Labor Day Weekend!! :D:D

DEC10.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Detroit doesn't have any big gay events. The city actually has a fairly large gay population, but unlike other cities where there is a gayborhood, gays are spread all over the city and not concentrated in a single area. The closest thing Detroit has to a gay neighborhood these days is Lafayette Park. They used to have a small pride festival there, but I don't even think they do that anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

Detriot has (or at least used to have) Geared for Life. It was a medium to smaller sized Circuit Party.

Atlanta has Pride and used to have the Grandaddy of all Circuit Parties....Hotlanta. This event was HUGE back in the 80's-90's, before it went bankrupt!! The HOTTEST men in the world would come to Atlanta every August for a weekend of river-rafting and Parties. My first Hotlanta was in 98, when it was starting to lose its flair. Unfortunately it went bankrupt and super parties like Gays Days in Orlando took over.

Atlantas best party in many eyes now is Joining Hearts

Miami has Winter Party and the White Party.

Philadelphia has Blue Ball

Washington DC has Cherry

NYC has Pride and SAL Black Party and Alegria (monthly events)

San Diego has Pride

I think it's sad that society is becomming more and more immoral. Every generation it seems the moral standard gets lower and lower. These "parties" are nothing more than an excuse for people to act trashy, and take dope, and have public sex, and all sorts of the most appalling things you could imagine. I have no problem with homosexuals, and don't think homosexuality is immoral, as all people are immoral nowadays, but I just hate all those dens of iniquity. Truly sad people have nothing better to do in my opinion.

I think it's sad that society is becomming more and more immoral. Every generation it seems the moral standard gets lower  and lower. These "parties" are nothing more than an excuse for people to act trashy, and take dope, and have public sex, and all sorts of the most appalling things you could imagine. I have no problem with homosexuals, and don't think homosexuality is immoral, as all people are immoral nowadays, but I just hate all those dens of iniquity. Truly sad people have nothing better to do in my opinion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh! I thought these were just parades! I will have to attend the next Boston Pride. :blush:

I think it's sad that society is becomming more and more immoral. Every generation it seems the moral standard gets lower  and lower. These "parties" are nothing more than an excuse for people to act trashy, and take dope, and have public sex, and all sorts of the most appalling things you could imagine. I have no problem with homosexuals, and don't think homosexuality is immoral, as all people are immoral nowadays, but I just hate all those dens of iniquity. Truly sad people have nothing better to do in my opinion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i wouldn't call them dens of iniquity. it's simply people expressing themselves. to deny ourselves of of feelings would be truely immoral.

Of course for those of us that are more mature, there are always things like IML in Chicago, Bear Bust in Orlando which is coming up Oct 20-23, 2005, or maybe Bear Invasion in DC. I don't really go to any of these things, anymore. I'm just a quiet Bear who only goes out for dinner with my Cub on the weekends and to bowling with him once a week. Of course, I do have stories. I once was a 21 year old with red hair and a red beard standing 6'1" in my size 31" 4 button Levi's turning many a head in Castro and South of Market.

In NYC there are several events throughout the city:

Heritage of Pride -- Main NYC parade

Queens Gay Pride

There are also events in Brooklyn, Staten Island and the Bronx.

These gay pride events are an important part of our community -- they give us an opportunity to reflect on the past adversity we have faced, take pride in the advances we have made, asses the current challenges, and inspires us to work together to make things better for the LGBT community going forward.

Archived