Tallest Building in Your City

NCB

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, the halo building is technically the tallest by few feet (supposed extra ductwork during construction) But I thought the IDS added something "structural" to the top, which is the whole tale about adding the storage and window washing station at the top. Weren't the antennaes always there? Anyway, the whole thing is kinda silly.

I think the bogus scaling back for so many of the projects was in "Reverence to the IDS", like the building is the Third Coming of Jesus Christ in skycraper format. Funny, when the thing was built in the 70s, people almost went into the funny farm over their hatred for it. Then in the 80s, nobody wanted to rudely de-throne it in height.

LOL, to answer the question, its essentially a 3-way tie in Minneapolis (IMO) with the IDS, Wells Fargo and 225 South Sixth.

According to the recent (like Monday's business section) article in the Strib about 225 going for sale, they added something to the top, to surpass IDS.

According to the recent (like Monday's business section) article in the Strib about 225 going for sale, they added something to the top, to surpass IDS.

Zoh! Well now it's the IDS's turn to pile something on top, to up the Poker anty and beat out 225! If the IDS put the Vikings Cheerleaders on top, would that edge out 225? This is so exciting, like watching Jenga!

108nb.jpg

The above picture contains the current tallest for Nashville, the Bellsouth Tower (Far Right) at 617'.

However, the Signature Tower is pretty much a done deal and will eclipse everything else at a minimum of 55 floors and 850'. Signature is the spire building in the middle and is depected as it will look when built.

Also, We've got a 70 story Peabody Tower Proposed

I always felt how unfortunate the USX tower is so...um

depressing :huh:

I always thought that they should rplace the window mullions that run vertically the height of the building with stainless.

A little bling might bring that black box back to life.

I love its lobby tho

great space and urban plaza

That will be a nice addition to the citys skyline.

I never cared much for the BellSouth Tower.

Keep me posted as to the Peabody Tower.

Nashville is on of my favorite towns. Very friendly :D

• 3 months later...

LOUISVILLE: Aegon Center

aegon.jpg

Louisville%20Skyline%20600-450.jpg

city1480.jpg

Skyline-Dan-Dry.jpg

louisville-lg.jpg

The Aegon Center is currently the tallest building in Louisville, but they are building a 61 story skyscraper which will almost double the size of the Aegon Center.

Here is Louisville with the new skyscraper, arena, and museam plaza.

Skyline_wArena_lg.jpg

My wife and I watched this show called "Wife Swap" and last night it was about a country lady and city lady trading lives for a couple weeks. Anyway, the city lady had to go to Kentucky and one of her aims was to take these "supposedly" deprived country kids to the city for an outing. Well, as they walked across this yet nameless city, low and behold there was Aegon Center in the background. That building isn't a supertall by any means but by golly you know where you are when you see it. As awful as Museum Plaza looks, it will also be unmistakably Louisville.

I've tried to watch wifeswap some, I still can't get my head around that, you must really want some time off from your partner to agree to all that and in front of TV cameras :lol:

Nice pics of Louisville!

Since we have a small town pop up, heres mine-

The Lexington State Bank(LSB) HQ.......5 stories

10083jt.jpg

This is the Lexcom Building. It sits on a hill and appears taller, while LSB sits at the bottom of a hill. It may actually be the tallest.....lol

10075bx.jpg

And both buildings together...

20032wp.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My hometown is Cleveland, TN (2005 census est. pop 38,186 city, 108,036 metro)

The tallest building in Cleveland is the North Cleveland Towers, which is a senior retirement center that was built in the late 1970's by the North Cleveland Church of God. The building is located right behind Lee University.

8 stories ~95 feet to the top of the elevator room on the roof

North_Cleveland_Towers.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived