The Watering Hole

Don't forget about this guy:

"Ramp Closure: I-196 at COLLEGE AVE

The on-ramp to eastbound I-196 from College Ave. will be CLOSED starting Saturday, March 31, through mid-July for bridge reconstruction work on eastbound I-196 over the railroad.

Detour: The detour for the eastbound I-196 on-ramp from College Ave. is: College Ave. south to Michigan St., east on Michigan St. to Fuller Ave., north on Fuller Ave. to eastbound I-196."

The little party store discussed in Knape's Blog today is a really nice place. I've run over there when patronizing Bob's a few times and we stopped there in between a wedding ceremony and reception last summer. The people behind the counter are VERY nice and talkative. I strongly recommend checking them out for all your snack/cigg/and beer needs. :thumbsup:

Does anyone watch Good Morning America? Why? you ask.

Apparently UrbanPlanet was mentioned on Good Morning America this morning, in regard to a project in New Orleans that they are trying to build support for on UrbanPlanet. I haven't had a chance to find out which project or the details, but WOW!

If you're seeking one of the R2D2 tricked-out mailboxes, there's one on Michigan Ave near the 24-hr coney place (between College and Diamond)

(I saw a news report about how USPS expects that people will bring the fam out for a group picture with the mailbox.)

Oh, never a die hard call it an Avenue. :shok: Avenues run north and south here.

How to do an embedded video (have the video show up right in your post):

In the left column while replying or adding a new post, you'll see "Quick Access: Insert....." or pick "Insert Special Item", Go to Insert: Google Video

Goto Youtube (or Google Video) and find the URL for the video (in the header of the video marked "URL"). Grab everything after the v= and copy it into the space that pops up when you do "Insert: Google Video".

Like this:

On the Wolverine or Bluewater (Can't remember what Amtrak) they are picking up 90-110 mph in some segments. Michigan is a becoming a front runner in this regard for the Midwest.

You know the (train

Edited by Rizzo

This weather blows chunks. I'm envious of all the people (it seems like everyone right now) who are South on spring break. :(

No kidding.. This morning was one of the worst drives to the lakeshore I've had all winter!

Has anyone heard anything about Studio 64 over on Ionia? It's in the building next door to McFaddens.

Which building? Next to McF's you have H Ritz Koney, then next to that is going Moxie and Churchill's. That takes you to the corner I believe. Maybe you're thinking of Moxie and Churchill's?

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=36908

Which building? Next to McF's you have H Ritz Koney, then next to that is going Moxie and Churchill's. That takes you to the corner I believe. Maybe you're thinking of Moxie and Churchill's?

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=36908

It is in the same building as Ritz Koney. I had lunch at Mcfadden's last week and noticed the Studio 64 sign on the 2nd floor of that building. Just wondering if anyone had any info about it.

It is in the same building as Ritz Koney. I had lunch at Mcfadden's last week and noticed the Studio 64 sign on the 2nd floor of that building. Just wondering if anyone had any info about it.

Yeah, it's being openend by a friend of mine. I'm not sure of the progress of it, but it's a hair salon/spa type thing above Ritz. I want to say it should be opening in the next couple months, but I'd have to check on that.