The Watering Hole

Yeah figured you didnt know him......its alright...

Heh.. as twoshort said.. I just don't feel like posting all my personal info here.

You can tell Tato next time I see the big blonde beotch at O'tooles (maybe this coming Sunday?) or McFadden's the 1st shot of rumples is on me :thumbsup: .. Nice try with the reverse physchology though.. good touch!

Silly question: Who is this "Tato" celebrity and should we all be part of his "myspace" group?

You would think with the 14 different posts about the new thing opening that there was a new 40 story tower being built or something.

Im sure that all the studio 64 buzz might have something to do with the rumors of a particular downtown salon closure that has left some looking for a new salon as well as stylists looking for jobs.

And, as for a response to that silly question, maybe we need a "Who's Paul Tato?" topic, rather than who's mike vorce:)

Edited by Sammie1

Im sure that all the studio 64 buzz might have something to do with the rumors of a particular downtown salon closure that has left some looking for a new salon as well as stylists looking for jobs.

And, as for a response to that silly question, maybe we need a "Who's Paul Tato?" topic, rather than who's mike vorce:)

Why? Is he flipping hair care products illegally?

No, but he's been quite the topic of conversation. There are more posts about him than there are about the business that he is opening.

Your right PBJ, was just a try. But now im curious, I am usually doing that shot of rumple and hanging with him at o-tools also. Small world I guess......Just make sure to by me one next time too.

Cheers!

Is it just a rumor that a downtown salon will close or has it already closed? Which salon are we talking about? If it's a rumor at this point, we don't need to add to the rumor mill...call me curious though!

*fish

Anyone else tired of the non-stop coverage of the Virginia Tech shootings in every media outlet? No disrespect to the families and students involved, but there were 164 Iraqi civilians killed in bombings yesterday alone, due partly to our continued presence there. Iraqi civilians just trying to go about their day in markets and a hospital, and then ended tragically.

Anyone else tired of the non-stop coverage of the Virginia Tech shootings in every media outlet? No disrespect to the families and students involved, but there were 164 Iraqi civilians killed in bombings yesterday alone, due partly to our continued presence there. Iraqi civilians just trying to go about their day in markets and a hospital, and then ended tragically.

[/quote

66 Iraqi civilians were killed the day of the VT shootings - and about 80 more American civilians of all ages died in domestic shootings nationwide (every day on average).

Respect the families of all who die tragically: leave them alone. AND GET OUT OF IRAQ.

Protest our nations "policy" Friday at noon at John Collins Park, on Reeds Lake in EGR.

Want to see appalling? Look at today's front page. (The images of the shooter, lifted from NBC's broadcast, are somehow pertient and important to Grand Rapids, Mich.)

[the first victim was a euphonium player]

I could not agree more. It is a horrible tragic event that the media has made a complete circus out of.

I saw one teaser for a show that was going to be all about the shooter . . . this guy is getting more exposure dead than alive . . .if anything, I'd rather see the victims talked about and their lives honored rather than glorifying the shooter.

There is a small graveyard close to my condo and I was walking on the bike path next to it the other day. I noticed a new headstone . .it was that of a 20something soldier who I assume was killed in Iraq . . .when is the war going to stop? Why aren't we protesting that? It is all just so sad.

Has anyone else heard the news that Bank of America Corp, has agreed to purchase La Salle Bank from it's parent company? What could this mean for Grand Rapids, should the feds approve it? I know it'd be a ways out, but BoA is known for it's signature towers, you think perhaps they might do that when they gain a presence in Grand Rapids? ;)

Has anyone else heard the news that Bank of America Corp, has agreed to purchase La Salle Bank from it's parent company? What could this mean for Grand Rapids, should the feds approve it? I know it'd be a ways out, but BoA is known for it's signature towers, you think perhaps they might do that when they gain a presence in Grand Rapids? ;)

I think the acquisition was done to improve their market share in Chicago...Michigan just came with the deal. That's not to say that I wouldn't love BoA to add to the skyline.

I think we should feel fortunate if they don't make any cuts here. I don't foresee that due to BofA not already having a presence here, but let's hope not. Why would they expand enough to need a new tower? I don't think BofA has built a new tower outside of Charlotte in 20 years, have they?

I think we should feel fortunate if they don't make any cuts here. I don't foresee that due to BofA not already having a presence here, but let's hope not. Why would they expand enough to need a new tower? I don't think BofA has built a new tower outside of Charlotte in 20 years, have they?

One is going up in NYC around Bryant Park and will be finished in 2008:

Ecotower.jpg

Thanks Neo, I stand corrected. But I still wonder if they would expand their workforce that greatly here to need new space.

Unfortunately I don't see them expanding outside of their major markets anytime soon. Here in Charlotte they are currently building a new tower and then the one in NYC, but that is the only two that I'm aware of. Most of their operations I see going overseas which is unfortunate since there is a great deal of educated workers here in the US. I'm probably not the best one to make assumptions on behalf of BoFA however.

well i found out today that my parents are moving to Indianapolis in a month :cry: i have no more family in GR... whats the consensus on Indy? Is it nice?

I have friends in Fishers Indiana, a suburb. We spent some time downtown indy this past summer. It seemed like a great city and we had a lot of fun. Fishers had a lot (big-box type stuff) to offer as well.

well i found out today that my parents are moving to Indianapolis in a month :cry: i have no more family in GR... whats the consensus on Indy? Is it nice?

Sean, its crazy to see your parents leave the area. Your brother is gone too?

My uncle lives in Carmel, a suburb of Indy, and I've visited it and Indy a multitude of times. Not a bad place.

*edit (sp).

Edited by jdkacz