The Watering Hole

well i found out today that my parents are moving to Indianapolis in a month :cry: i have no more family in GR... whats the consensus on Indy? Is it nice?

Sean, you still have us!

Rocky Ripple or Broad Ripple are within the city limits. Small funky enclaves with interesting texture. Ann Arbor Southwest. Eastown in Indy.

Agreed, I believe the word should be dropped from everyone's personal dictionary unless you are a doctor describing a condition. Before I met my wife I frequently used the word and thought nothing of it, that is until I met my wife and used it on our first date. Luckily she let me know what she thought of my use of it. It wasn't towards someone that truly had any condition but was a word I used to describe several things in lieu of the word "stupid."

Having met my wife I now have dropped the word from my dictionary and don't even accidentally spill it out vocally or mentally in public or in private. For years before I met my wife she had gone each year to a camp for special needs kids and adults and this year will be the third year I will have attended this camp. I always work in the kitchen but my wife is one who takes on one or two special needs individuals and cares for them over the weekend and makes certain that they have a blast. After my experiences with this I can see why my wife never approved of the use of the word, regardless of the circumstance. It is certainly derogatory, even though you may not see it that way (I know I didn't for years).

I agree I never use it now (although I certainly did as a kid). It lately seems to be gaining the same kind of scrutiny as the N word. It's too bad the one person who used it around here probably won't be around anymore to read the article.

I don't like the Planet's new home page layout. That horizontal menu bar was very convenient, and it's been gone for a couple of days (though it re-appeared briefly today). I end up clicking on one of the recent posts, then back-tracking to get "home" to GR.

You too?

I don't like the Planet's new home page layout. That horizontal menu bar was very convenient, and it's been gone for a couple of days (though it re-appeared briefly today). I end up clicking on one of the recent posts, then back-tracking to get "home" to GR.

You too?

I always had to do this when browsing from my phone, because the drop-downs would not work on it. But I'm not sure what you're talking about.. the Home Page looks exactly the same for me as it always has.

Does anyone know of a good organic/natural weed killer? I have little ones and don't want to use poison. I tried vinegar and soap, but its been a day and nothing yet....

I know there's one called Burn Out...but I think it's a blend of vinegar and lemon juice. Maybe try lemon juice w/ the vinegar instead of soap.

Does anyone know of a good organic/natural weed killer? I have little ones and don't want to use poison. I tried vinegar and soap, but its been a day and nothing yet....

Boiling H2O works on dandelions. Depending on the weed coverage, you may have to get busy with the extractor tool. (Switch hands frequently so as to preserve your dexterity.)

You have to add salt to the vinegar mixture at least that is what grandpa uses near the sidewalks and driveway. If I remember it's a gallon of vinegar, cup of salt, not too sure on the soap amount.

Edited by Rizzo

Nothing has been changed. The menu system on the site is Javascript (the blue bar menu at http://www.urbanplanet.org/) so if you have Javascript disabled it obviously will not show, otherwise you shouldn't have any issues seeing it though. If you still have a problem with this please submit it to our bug tracker:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?autocom=tracker