The Watering Hole

LOL - I think you mean 'vogue'. ;)

(I was thinking someone may toss the Material Girl into the mix).

Is that how you spell 'vouge' ??? Like 'gouge'?

OK - I was way off -- I guess I've never seen it in print before --- 'vouch' ---

Thanks for the pointer twoshort. ;)

It's "vouch", which I believe is short for "voucher". "I can vouch for the guy" would be used correctly in context.

If you're pronouncing it with a "g" in it, that's incorrect. ;)

paper-bag.jpg

Anyone care to violate U-M's registered trademark and make a bazillion $$ tomorrow?

UM vs ND is usually a blockbuster game. This year it is a battle of the abysmals. UM going 0-3 would make my year, nay, my decade. :) I'm really not sure who I want to lose more, however. I have equal disdain for both UM & ND.

(GO GREEN! - 3-0 after tomorrow!)

UM vs ND is usually a blockbuster game. This year it is a battle of the abysmals. UM going 0-3 would make my year, nay, my decade. :) I'm really not sure who I want to lose more, however. I have equal disdain for both UM & ND.

(GO GREEN! - 3-0 after tomorrow!)

I didn't want to take the time creating a ND Fan Bag ® .

Found on the Ann St bridge: strips of white plastic. Clearly they came off a b-i-g drill bit which was making a hole in 1/8" thick material. Seemed to be concentrated near the drain grates. ETA: there were several near each grate, and I'm guessing 20-30 of them on the westbound lane last Thursday.

plastic.jpg

(Standard-issue sticky note shown for scale)

What was the process that created these? (And why is the City hiring a vendor who leaves refuse on a work site?)

Edited by Veloise

WZZM.COM Online poll question, "Which are you more concerned about..."

1. Balancing the Michigan Budget? = 46.5%

2. Detroit Tiger Playoff Hopes? = 53.5 %

Here's to hoping this non-scientific poll was taken by a handful of comedians.

Edited by Rizzo

I found this article which lead me to the report below

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070918/us_nm/...FaSpPu1g.IDW7oF

The Los Angeles metropolitan area led the nation in traffic jams in 2005, with rush-hour drivers spending an extra 72 hours a year on average stuck in traffic, according to a study released on Tuesday.

Figured this didn't need it's own thread... but its great to see Grand Rapids is on the lowest end of medium cities in regards to traffic congestion.

http://mobility.tamu.edu/ums/congestion_da...rand_rapids.pdf

Grand Rapids

post-10940-1190204495_thumb.jpg

Makes me feel real good when compared to Charlotte (another medium sized city)

post-10940-1190204747_thumb.jpg

Edited by jbr12

I noticed that the Goodspeed building (that houses the Chop House) has a sign on the side now that says "Mixed Use/Condos Available". Anyone know the scoop? Are they commercial condos or residential?

I think that might be one of Sam's bldgs - or at least he has the listing for a couple of the units in that vicinity. When I sniffed it out it was for commercial - that may have changed? I know he had a floor or two sitting empty for quite a while in one of those bldgs.