The Watering Hole

I need a few pictures of lifestyle centers, like the village of rochester hills or celebration village. If you know where I can find some please let me know via PM.. thanks!

If you are still looking, my hometown of Indianapolis has a new one in a suburb called Plainfield, IN. I believe it is called Metropolis. My wife and I visited in January and hated it because of the windchill factor. Ended up only visiting 2 stores and went back to the car:(

I was just sent this link and it's way too cool not to share: http://www.campbellcliffs.com/ Anybody got an extra $22mil laying around? I might add that the house comes fully furnished so what a bargain!

I can appreciate that, but I'm a little more old fashioned: http://www.luxist.com/2007/09/21/southways...ate-of-the-day/

:D

I was just sent this link and it's way too cool not to share: http://www.campbellcliffs.com/ Anybody got an extra $22mil laying around? I might add that the house comes fully furnished so what a bargain!

Wow. The Mrs. and I are now planning our first bake sale and will soon be selling magazine subscriptions door-to-door to raise our $22 million. Even if it takes us a while, we yell "dibs!!!".

Wait a minute... the Mrs now says she doesn't want to clean that much house every week... (dang).

Anyone excited for the Halloween season to begin?

The Haunt just launched their new interactive website about two weeks ago. http://www.the-haunt.com

They've added a new attraction this year called the Dark Maze. I've been to The Haunt every year since it first opened at the small tile building on 28th St. to the warehouse on Waldorf Ct., and to the current location just down the street on Waldorf. The previous years have been lacking, so I'm hoping this year will change that.

Boycott Kohls

I was in Kohls over the weekend and they already have Christmas stuff out - let me repeat that - CHRISTMAS stuff.

Stop the insanity.

Fred beat them by several weeks. In the womens socks department (slowly creeping in).

Said to vest-person: I want you to take all that Christmas stuff and put it back in the back. Vest: I wish I could.

We'd better enjoy it while it lasts. That long, cold, depressing season known as winter is just around the corner.....

:cold: = :(

Long, cold, depressing? If you don't like winter at all, you must be miserable. :huh: The only part of winter I dread is the "March/April won't let go" time of winter. Otherwise, bring it on! ;) These 80+ degree days in September suck.

Wait a minute... the Mrs now says she doesn't want to clean that much house every week... (dang).

Funny. You did not seem at all impaired at that one meet-up, with full function of your arms, hands, legs.

Scott, vacuum. Vacuum, Scott.

Made even funnier by the fact that last night we discussed laying off our bi-weekly housekeeper as a way to help pay for the home addition we're hoping to start soon. Wonder if they make maid outfits in a 44 regular? (eeewwww - that's one ugly visual) (sorry!)

Long, cold, depressing? If you don't like winter at all, you must be miserable. :huh: The only part of winter I dread is the "March/April won't let go" time of winter. Otherwise, bring it on! ;) These 80+ degree days in September suck.

Considering winter will probably start next week and not stop until May, I say bring on the warm & balmy weather as long as possible! But, as my name implies, I am a sunlover, and definitely living in the wrong state! LOL :cry:

Considering winter will probably start next week and not stop until May, I say bring on the warm & balmy weather as long as possible! But, as my name implies, I am a sunlover, and definitely living in the wrong state! LOL :cry:

Apparently you skip right past Fall, which really just started, and go right into Winter mode. :P I don't consider Winter here until the snow flies and sticks to the ground for a while, which is about mid-December at the earliest.

Plus, a lot of sun to me = lathering on the sunblock to protect from a family history of skin cancer. :( Not fun.

I don't see why we can't get together and find a way to make winter last one month, with 11 months spring and 1 month summer. ~nods~

Buy a million cans of aerosol spray and spray them atop lookout hill with our Hummers running with the air full blast and windows down while raising a heard of cows and leaving the heat and all lights on in our poorly insulated homes--powered by coal. Heck, somebody could bring an ax (no, better make it a chain saw) and start chopping...we could even burn all the leaves afterwards (great odor).

I love the weather in GR from May to October, and I can deal with Mar - Apr and Nov - Dec. The two months that really get to me are January and February, and you're right, I feel pretty miserable during those months. Fortunately, I have the ability to use vacation days to go somewhere far, far away from here for at least a week during that time period, so I get by. March gets much better, probably because of a combination of warming temperatures, melting snow, longer days, more sunshine, and basketball brackets! :)

I don't see why we can't get together and find a way to make winter last one month, with 11 months spring and 1 month summer. ~nods~

Hmm, so you are suggesting a 13-month year? :dunno:

Edited by highwayguy