The Watering Hole

Dumb Attorney quote of the day:

"This is the kind of thing that can happen to anyone."

(found in the Press' piece about fatal crashes and their clients' resisting culpabilty)

Yah, right. Who among us has never crashed a vehicle into another, thereby causing mortal injuries?

Reaching for a pacifier in the back seat. Good grief.

That's rediculous.

This gives you all more of a reason not to stand on manhole covers, if it took a truck off the groud, think what it could do to you...

"The problem appears to be related to underground wiring. Right now parts of downtown Grand Rapids are without power. Grand Rapids Community College is cancelling classes tonight as a result. The college had to cancel classes last night as well. "

- WZZM 13

Edited by GR Straight Edge

This is a very useful URL and it can be very convenient for making a sardonic remark.

http://www.michigan.org/travel/weather/?m=&city=G3136

I recently shared it with someone who surprised me by forwarding some long-promised documentation. "We expect it any day now," was the mantra. My response was: sent him this as a reply.

[For those wary of weird websites, this is provided by your state government. It's virus-free.]

This is a very useful URL and it can be very convenient for making a sardonic remark.

http://www.michigan.org/travel/weather/?m=&city=G3136

I recently shared it with someone who surprised me by forwarding some long-promised documentation. "We expect it any day now," was the mantra. My response was: sent him this as a reply.

[For those wary of weird websites, this is provided by your state government. It's virus-free.]

I think this September has been one of the best I can remember. We have an annual walk-a-thon that we do the last weekend of September, and the last two years it was COLD :cold: and rainy (spitty), barely reaching 50. Tomorrow is supposed to be 50's in the morning, 74 by midday, and sunny. :shades: I'll take it!

And now its time for the the latest installment from Torgo's Free Advice Network!

If you live near a park or some other undeveloped area, be sure to close your garage before it gets dark, and keep the windows in your car rolled up. That way, a rogue raccoon can't spend the entire night trashing your garage, scratching the aforementioned car all to hell, and then taking a dump on the roof.

This has been the latest installment from Torgo's Free Advice Network.

raccoon.jpg

Edited by torgo

Thats the #1 reason I haven't put down a deposit on this thing already... This design only seats 2.5 (what do they consider .5???) and we definitely need a 4 seater :( Maybe if I bombard them with emails....

Detroit needs to start designing practical vehicles, and I am sure that the marketing wizzes could come up with a sexy way to promote an "accordion" or "expando" feature.

You commuting? It's a 2-seater (room for your cuppa, briefcase, lunch). Weekending? Unsnap/brace/unfold the handy fixtures, and it's a family car. Picking up project items? Drive there in "midget" or "Yugo" mode, head for home in full-blown trailer/hauler form.

Would work for car poolers (yes, there are some in the 313) and picking up your visiting relatives at the airport too.

Oh wait, there I go again being logical.

Edited by Veloise

Wasn't something like that attempted before? A small SUV-like van with a detachable backend that could be turned into a pickup bed? Not exactly the same, but similar core concept. I think the idea was a major flop.

The first time I came up with this idea was probably in the 1970s, and living in the 313. Surely I would have noticed if any of the local businesses had offered it.

Now, "stow 'n' go," that's a similar notiion, and I can't wait for such vehicles to hit the used & reasonable market.

[met Billy Ford once]

And now its time for the the latest installment from Torgo's Free Advice Network!

If you live near a park or some other undeveloped area, be sure to close your garage before it gets dark, and keep the windows in your car rolled up. That way, a rogue raccoon can't spend the entire night trashing your garage, scratching the aforementioned car all to hell, and then taking a dump on the roof.

This has been the latest installment from Torgo's Free Advice Network.

raccoon.jpg

Yikes! That sucks torgo.

In other news, it looks like Michigan's Adventure is going to get a new steel roller coaster next Summer:

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=81714

Glad to see they are continuing to expand. I think a lot of Michigan families would rather not make the drive to Sandusky or Gurnee if they don't have to.

Anyone know why there was a video production crew out in front of Cafe Solace this afternoon? Commercial for downtown GR or something?

I dunno about this instance, but I have been noticing cameras everywhere lately! Just last night, we saw a crew at Market and Fulton. Maybe we'll start to see more of GR on television outside of the local news.

I dunno about this instance, but I have been noticing cameras everywhere lately! Just last night, we saw a crew at Market and Fulton. Maybe we'll start to see more of GR on television outside of the local news.

I watched them filming abit while I was walking back from GRAM and from the little bit I saw, it kind of looked like a coffee commercial. There was a guy in a car that was coming to a stop and each time he picked up his coffee cup (paper, disposable style) and took a long drink... :dontknow:

So, did anyone watch WOODTV's 11:00 news last night? Just before a commercial break, they did the tease for the upcoming sports segment - highlighting the Red Wings' season opener against the Anaheim Ducks. The Geha said [i'm paraphrasing], "The Red Wings opened their season tonight. Did they get a win against the Dicks? Find out next in sports." Yes, she called the Ducks the "Dicks". When they returned from commercial, Jack Doles was laughing and looking over at the news desk instead of the camera and he said, "I'm not going to touch that" and then turned to the camera and proceeded with the sports report - during which he must have said "Ducks" with emphasis about 30 times in one minute. It was awesome. Thank you Suzanne for saying on the air what I shouted at the TV all during last season's playoffs.