The Watering Hole

Since we are apparently the most viewed forum on Urban Planet, is there anything that anyone would like to see that isn't offered right now. I'm not officially the mod for the GR Area, but thought I would ask anyway. Maybe a "Current Events" section, Photo of the Day, or maybe subdivide into other subforums??

Any other thoughts?

I like a photo of the day idea. I think our downtown development briefs thread is good enough for current events.

How do I post a picture on our forum? Specifically, my logo. I can't find a way to get it from my desktop onto my post. Does it absolutely have to have a URL address? Any tips from you left-brainers out there?

I think the only way is to use an image hosting service and yes, use the URL. I use one called photobucket. Its pretty easy to use and free. If you have your own website you can upload it there and paste the url, too.

How do I post a picture on our forum? Specifically, my logo. I can't find a way to get it from my desktop onto my post. Does it absolutely have to have a URL address? Any tips from you left-brainers out there?

Left brainer, check! They actually have added a new feature where you can post up to 20 MB for free here. Inside the "Replying to..." window, toggle down to where it says "File Attachments_________________Browse" Just pull up your image file from your hard drive, and add the attachment. It will then appear on your post as a thumbnail, and people can click on it to enlarge. Let me know if you have any problems.

Edited by GRDadof3

Hey zen, I just remembered you need to have at least 100 posts to have that capability...better start posting :P I think you only need 10 or 11 more.

There's all kinds of interesting info here:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showforum=2

aww, zen. Email it to me at Mike at pabagency.com and I'll post if for ya.

I read an interesting article in Time this morning about street art. This link is what they have on their website. I'm just wondering if anyone has seen anything like this in GR?

Also, they suggest http://www.flickr.com to find the latest examples.

Wow thanks! I clicked on the Time button and perused the best voted websites and stuck a few in my favorites to look at later. Cool. :thumbsup:

I know you guys like self-deprecating behavior and political discussions, but any construction updates? I took some photos this morning that I'll post in a bit. They have started working on that retail/office renovation in back of Kinkos.

All I know that the ramps to 131 from 28th are all open :yahoo::yahoo: ... oh you mean buildings :huh:

I know you guys like self-deprecating behavior and political discussions, but any construction updates? I took some photos this morning that I'll post in a bit. They have started working on that retail/office renovation in back of Kinkos.

This is the Watering Hole, wouldn't that be more appropriate for the Development Briefs thread?