The Watering Hole

I wonder how soon he plans to implement this, and if there will be demand for winter. I could actually end my unemployment doing this, an enjoy it. (Better get one amazing tip if they wanna go up the hill.)

Beginning next spring...

Also there's a leasing fee for the vehicle.

Also, TS, no offense, but you ain't no Lance Armstrong. http://www.cyclingphotos.freeserve.co.uk/b.../tdf2001_1a.jpg

Better you should get a job at the DT Y and work out on the leg machines until April.

I many need to get back into shape again, but just a few years ago I did a few trips from Wayland to Grand Rapids and back. Terrain isn't exactly flat all the way there, either. (I also used to use bicycle as my primary means of transportation to and from work.) They may not look it, but they can certainly do a bit of biking.

I many need to get back into shape again, but just a few years ago I did a few trips from Wayland to Grand Rapids and back. Terrain isn't exactly flat all the way there, either. (I also used to use bicycle as my primary means of transportation to and from work.) They may not look it, but they can certainly do a bit of biking.

<---LOST

Anyone been keeping up on Chris Knape's Rendering Graveyard series? This week he's got a proposed project from back in 1988 designed by Marvin Dewinter called Watermark Place. Man, that building is ugly. Typical 1988 style.

I saw that earlier and had the same thought. It looks like one of those towers in Southfield. Blech.

Edited by torgo

RDD to the rescue!

EDIT:

Actually, I'm not sure if that's exactly what I'm looking for. What that looks like is that local can levy additional taxes on properties that would benefit directly from an improvement project? What I was looking for is that any taxes collected by local or state in a special district would instead go directly into funding the improvement project instead of into the city or state. In that concept no extra or additional taxes are levied against taxables in the district.

Maybe I'm looking at some form of hybrid district downtown is in?

Edited by Rizzo

RDD to the rescue!

EDIT:

Actually, I'm not sure if that's exactly what I'm looking for. What that looks like is that local can levy additional taxes on properties that would benefit directly from an improvement project? What I was looking for is that any taxes collected by local or state in a special district would instead go directly into funding the improvement project instead of into the city or state. In that concept no extra or additional taxes are levied against taxables in the district.

Maybe I'm looking at some form of hybrid district downtown is in?

That's exactly how a SAD works. The property owners in a defined area petition for a specific improvement with cost, apportionment and repayment scheduled defined. Usually used today for sewer or water projects but used for road paving in subdivisions in Kent County in the 40's & 50's. The funds generated are to be used for that project only, no other use.

That's exactly how a SAD works. The property owners in a defined area petition for a specific improvement with cost, apportionment and repayment scheduled defined. Usually used today for sewer or water projects but used for road paving in subdivisions in Kent County in the 40's & 50's. The funds generated are to be used for that project only, no other use.

Ah, that makes sense now. :)

Anybody have any idea why some posts show up as last posted recently when the last post was really hours/days ago? I look at the last post time to see if there is something new inside, but am often fooled. No biggie...just wondered if it was just my computer or something. Am I making any sense?

Anybody have any idea why some posts show up as last posted recently when the last post was really hours/days ago? I look at the last post time to see if there is something new inside, but am often fooled. No biggie...just wondered if it was just my computer or something. Am I making any sense?

If it's a poll, as there are quite a few going right now, it will pop up that there is a new post when someone votes in it, even if they don't post a message.

On a vaguely related note, it appears UP needs to update the clock on their system to reflect the recent time change. Either that or I'm seeing posts from the near future.

(Can't wait to see what your chimp does for Xmas. Want a tuba??)

I had to re-set mine this week. It's in My Controls, Options, Board Settings.