The Watering Hole

Does anyone here have Adobe Acrobat Pro where you can turn Word documents into pdf files? I have a favor to ask if you do. :)

Download Primo PDF. It installs as a printer, so when you go to print the document you just select it and it outputs it to a PDF file. I use it daily.

http://www.download.com/3000-10743_4-10660924.html

Also, you could use a free utility called Cute PDF to create a PDF. If you are using Office 2007 you can create a PDF using MS-Word.

I like PDF 995 for this. Make a PDF out of anything, or bite off page-sized chunks of a PDF that's too big, or merge sequential PDF files...

Jeff, I can perform that OCR conversion if you still need. (It's Friday, need something to do.)

WOW! Division was hopping tonight. Bunch of guys sitting around playing drums (it's 40 degrees!), lines to get in a couple of clubs, people walking and wandering. Some loitering by the missions. It definitely looked like the new urbanists are winning out.

And the shuttered block just south of Fulton has some signage with developer names on it.

For those who may have seen the post regarding the possible sale of 72 Grandville (Ice House), I inadvertently leaked that information too soon. There are still some details of the deal that need to be worked out. My apologies to the members of UP, Terra Firma and the entire development community that uses us as a resource.

If you didn't see it, you won't (until/if it goes public :) ). Don't ask. If you did see it, then you saw it.

Jeff

For those who may have seen the post regarding the possible sale of 72 Grandville (Ice House), I inadvertently leaked that information too soon. There are still some details of the deal that need to be worked out. My apologies to the members of UP, Terra Firma and the entire development community that uses us as a resource.

If you didn't see it, you won't (until/if it goes public :) ). Don't ask. If you did see it, then you saw it....

Saw what?

If you didn't see it, you won't (until/if it goes public :) ). Don't ask. If you did see it, then you saw it.

Jeff

I saw it, but I forgot what you wrote. Blast! :(

What's with the song Fred Bear by Ted Nugent this time of year. I had never heard the song before I was in GR, but it seems to be Fall's theme song.

I think it's to fire up the hunters for deer hunting season:

http://www.lyricsdownload.com/ted-nugent-f...ear-lyrics.html

Not a hunter and not a Ted Nugent fan, so can't say for sure. :dontknow:

Is this it?

http://www.mlive.com/business/grpress/inde....xml&coll=6

Chris is not KIAS'ing.

There's an RFP out on the streets - i didn't think it was that big of a secret.

Goodness: The foundation is going to pay $2.26 million to buy the building and City records show Cummings and Wynsma bought the building for $1.04 million this year.

Sounds like a sweet profit. Nice work! :thumbsup:

(of course I'm assuming they put no where near a million into the renovation, and I'm basing my assumption on zero renovation knowledge.:D)

Goodness: The foundation is going to pay $2.26 million to buy the building and City records show Cummings and Wynsma bought the building for $1.04 million this year.

Sounds like a sweet profit. Nice work! :thumbsup:

(of course I'm assuming they put no where near a million into the renovation, and I'm basing my assumption on zero renovation knowledge.:D)

I think they're glad that they came close to breaking even. The renovation was a HUGE chunk of change from what I understand.

GRAND RAPIDS -- A startling sight in Grand Rapids late Saturday night after a police cruiser smashes into a building.

It happened around 10:45 p.m. in the 2300 block of South Division.

Police say the officer lost control of the car and it crashed into through the wall.

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7377698

Anyone know any good salmon recipes? Normally if I can get it fresh I grill it with just salt and pepper and butter. If it isn't so fresh I barbecue it with Sweet Baby Rays. Both ways are good but it would be nice to try something different though.

I like wrapping salmon in tin foil with some olive oil, onions, peppers, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Just throw it on the grill and enjoy!

I'm headed up to the UP this weekend for some hunting. I gave up hunting awhile back because I just couldn't justify getting out of bed at 4 am to freeze my butt off in a tree. However, this time, we're planning on doing some "stalking" (basically, a lot of walking around looking for deer). It should cure my hunting ADD. So, does anybody here have any recommendations for when we're up there as to where to go? We have plat maps to show us state/private land, but that's all we're going off of. Any good hunting spots would be greatly appreciated. Also, does anybody have a favorite place for a good ol' pastie? I've always just pulled off to the closest diner, but they're not always good. I know, the UP is big, but we don't have a particular destination in mind. A friend owns a hotel in Escanaba, so I know we'll be there for at least one day. Thanks!

Can't help you with the hunting...but if you may find some useful pasty info here. You can order pasties to be delivered via FedEX! My mom (a Finn from Marquette) makes the best pasties, so we rarely buy them. All I know is watch out for the places who put broccoli in them - not authentic!

*fish

Also, does anybody have a favorite place for a good ol' pastie? I've always just pulled off to the closest diner, but they're not always good.