The Watering Hole

I don't think we'd want to see the results if it didn't take off again! Article about this flight on CNN says the plane landed on the 2nd try.

It's on Talk of the Nation right now. Apparently taking back off is SOP. The expert said that planes can fly with wing pieces missing; "he really wasn't very close to killing everyone."

It's on Talk of the Nation right now. Apparently taking back off is SOP. The expert said that planes can fly with wing pieces missing; "he really wasn't very close to killing everyone."

It's amazing seeing just how close that plane was to crashing. After the plane gets blown over onto its wing, he guns it to take off again and you can see the jets blowing water off of the grassy area next to the runway. And man, talk about drifting! He looks like he was flying perpendicular!

Here's another good drifting video:

And another:

I was having that issue earlier as well, but the problem appears to be fixed. I was able to open GRDadof3's link to Kurt Kimball's website in the roads discussion.

I keep having to re-sign in. It says "you are now signed in as....." and in a flash, I'm not.

I was having that issue earlier as well, but the problem appears to be fixed. I was able to open GRDadof3's link to Kurt Kimball's website in the roads discussion.

Sorry about that. I squashed the bug that was causing issue earlier. All should be well now.

Anyone know how much a state-wide primary election costs? I'll bet it's a lot. <_<

The most reliable figure I've heard for Michigan is $10M (Florida is estimating a cost of $25M).

Less expensive options (relatively) include a mail-in primary or caucus.

The state party seems to be waiting for the national party to provide funding, but all indications are that the states are on their own if they want to try again. A second vote seems like a longshot at this point unless an individual steps up to foot the bill.

The New York Times has a front-page piece about Michigan and Florida today.

Granholm is saying today that it would be $10 Million, and the state is not willing to pay for it.

I thought I heard her saying that it was $10 million and that Warren Buffet didn't call to say he was going to pay for it or something like that. That being said, I ashamed to say I completely missed what was going on and my former home state of Texas was in the news a lot about voting. I think honestly, I would've heard more about voting if I was still down there, so in my mind, the voting was really early. That being said, I think also because of the lack of choices, I didn't vote. Come November though, I will indeed.

The most reliable figure I've heard for Michigan is $10M (Florida is estimating a cost of $25M).

Less expensive options (relatively) include a mail-in primary or caucus.

The state party seems to be waiting for the national party to provide funding, but all indications are that the states are on their own if they want to try again. A second vote seems like a longshot at this point unless an individual steps up to foot the bill.

The New York Times has a front-page piece about Michigan and Florida today.

I've heard that some out of state govs are looking to raise the money needed to do overs.

Granholm is saying today that it would be $10 Million, and the state is not willing to pay for it.

good for her. that would teach them to try and pull a stunt like they did. the michigan democrats knew that there weren't going to be any canidates and went ahead and held thier primary anyway. now they want to do it over again. doesn't make any sense but I would be highly disappointed if it cost the tax payers any money. this state is hurting enough as it is.

I'm hoping one of you real estate gurus can help...

How can I find info on foreclosed property? Specifically, if I know the address of a home in foreclosure, how do I find (and perhaps act on) those details?

Thanks!

If you know somebody who is a Realtor, the MLS that they access (with slightly more info than non-Realtor MLS) will say something like "Non-GRAR forms needed." Other than that, there are often notes in the MLS listing that you can get at grar.com. If that doesn't do it, you can look up the property on accesskent.com and see if the owner is the bank. In "Sales History," you will see SD for Sheriff's Deed if the property was sold at a Sheriff's Sale. If that all fails, most banks have their own REO pages, or check out emailforeclosures.com.

good for her. that would teach them to try and pull a stunt like they did. the michigan democrats knew that there weren't going to be any canidates and went ahead and held thier primary anyway. now they want to do it over again. doesn't make any sense but I would be highly disappointed if it cost the tax payers any money. this state is hurting enough as it is.

You would think there would be money in our democracy for free and fair elections. <_<

Suddenly this afternoon there is no Get Map option in AccessKent. What gives??

That is kind of weird. You can still access the maps here:

http://gis.kentcountymi.gov/website/KCParc...%20xxxxxxxxxxxx

Just replace the "xxxxxxxxxxxx" with the parcel number you want to view.

Or to start fresh with a whole county view, delete everything after "viewer.htm"