The Watering Hole

Much like Bigfoot, pictures of Tallbiker are rare and often of poor quality.

2605580169_74b859b21f_b.jpg

I got a clear photograph of tallbiker in Middleville at the National 24 Hour Challenge. It helps if you catch them after they have been riding all day and all night because then they are slower.

2589627390_406934fd96_b.jpg

Edited by fotoman311

If you haven't checked out the live police/fire scanner feed, it's a different and sometimes entertaining way to fill the background while you're surfing or reading UP. (until you hear about something going on in your neighborhood...hehe)

http://www.scanmichigan.com

It uses Windows Media Player, so you Mac people may be out of luck.

If you haven't checked out the live police/fire scanner feed, it's a different and sometimes entertaining way to fill the background while you're surfing or reading UP. (until you hear about something going on in your neighborhood...hehe)

http://www.scanmichigan.com

It uses Windows Media Player, so you Mac people may be out of luck.

I thought I was the only one who enjoyed sometimes listening to the police scanner while checking out UP :)

Anybody else getting pounded with these storms? I already have 2 huge branches and a handful more smaller ones down in my yard and on my house. No damage visible yet aside from some fence sections, knock on wood...

Chester Fire Station has been extremely busy in the last hour or so...

Anybody else getting pounded with these storms? I already have 2 huge branches and a handful more smaller ones down in my yard and on my house. No damage visible yet aside from some fence sections, knock on wood...

Chester Fire Station has been extremely busy in the last hour or so...

I got the phone call about an hour ago. We lost power to our place on Cherry/Morris. I work out by the airport and the downpour just stopped and the sun is itching to come out.

WGVU radio might have had a transmitter strike. (Suffering withdrawl already.)

Try switching the dial to 104.1. You'll get the same programming until 7pm.

My wife and I are just waiting for that big storm to roll through and we come home to find the large conifers in our backyard sitting on our fence or the neighbors garage. :/ They're probably fine, but that doesn't stop the worrying in the back of my head.

I hope this isn't that storm. And that the big red blob headed this way isn't that storm.

Incorrect; that's Michigan radio, not local programming to GR.

David Moore in the mornings, mmmmm.

Yes, and between 5 and 7pm you wouldn't get more than a few minutes that is produced in GR, so it's essentially the same programming, just like I said. Of course, you're probably aware of this.

What's up with this? Don't we have any local electrical crews to be repairing storm damage on Eastern near Fulton, and earning OT on July 4th? Just the price of gas to get three trucks here must be prohibitive.

mtairy.jpg

(says Mt Airy, NC)

Edited by Veloise

What's up with this? Don't we have any local electrical crews to be repairing storm damage on Eastern near Fulton, and earning OT on July 4th? Just the price of gas to get three trucks here must be prohibitive.

(says Mt Airy, NC)

They probably were working in OH, IN or IL on storm damage and we were the next area that needed help. GR Press said 90-100? out of state crews were in MI.

Edited by Raildudes dad

I've recently discovered, to my delight, that the Urban Planet website has been fixed somehow so that we can post without needing Javascript enabled! Whoever is responsible for that vital improvement; Thank You! I no longer age visibly as I wait for the page to load.

Had a Veloise sighting today. :)

http://briankellyphotography.blogspot.com/...in-america.html

Fourth photograph down, with the sousaphone of course. Looking very patriotic!

Had you seen this Karen?

Same garb & decor as here: http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...st&p=992304 and he's covered up my socks.

"I don't have to see it; I lived it." --Pee Wee Herman

Edited by Veloise

And you were ripping on the hippie dress at Rothbury. :P;)Hi pot, this is kettle....

Jeff, you must be at the coffee shop. When you return to your laptop, check for rogue posts!

Looks like someone sat down at the keyboard and started to play, under your name.

I wouldn't mention it, except that what was typed is unbecoming to a mod, and not really fitting with the atmosphere here on the Planet.

Edited by Veloise

I've recently discovered, to my delight, that the Urban Planet website has been fixed somehow so that we can post without needing Javascript enabled! Whoever is responsible for that vital improvement; Thank You! I no longer age visibly as I wait for the page to load.

Nothing was changed here. :unsure:

I assume the Javascript problem was simply a browser issue or some other local issue for you (and anyone else experiencing the issue). I'm glad that it is now fixed for you though, of course I have no idea what caused it to begin with since nothing was changed or "fixed" here.

I was on vacation in South Haven this last week. It was a great time, but they tore down Pignozzi's there. It was a restaraunt close to the beach, and I wouldn't be as sad if it wasn't a beautiful historic building. If you go down on North Shore drive their historic preservation people have put up pictures of all the old buildings that were there. Now they are almost exclusively condos. Kind of makes you appreciate our historic preservation commision more....