The Watering Hole

Street closed after downtown shooting

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) -- Police have closed Alto St. between Prince and Watkins streets after a shooting took place there on Saturday morning.

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8963144

The location they mention appears to be FOUR MILES away from Downtown at the least. Franklin & Fuller area. I'd correct them in a comment but don't see comments open for it.

Edited by tSlater

FYI: I just Drove by Landmark Lofts (condos situated on corner of Monroe and 6th St.) and saw that there was a new sign. I didn't have time to take a picture but the new sign has a website address on it.

It seems to be under construction but the home page is a "Site Disclaimer".

Link deleted. I don't want that guy finding his way back to UrbanPlanet (again).

:ph34r:

[The guy] is upset because I guess he thought he would live in a 100+ old building with wood floors and never hear his neighbors above him. I have been told that Ed DeVries offered to buy the place for what [the guy] originally paid for it and was refused. Next [DeVries] offered to move him into one of his condo developments on the southeast side and again was turned down..so now [this guy] is suing.. I expect this sign to be up for a while...at least the yellow balloons are gone...

"A friend bought one and several months later sold it. There was not much sound attenuation between his unit and others. After a few 3-4 am parties where he could not sleep, he moved out....hopefully the new ones will have a better system." GRguy Feb. 3 2006 Landmark Lofts Phase II forum

Looks like this person isn't alone.

Edited by KzooKing

If you're ever in St. Louis, DO NOT MISS the City Museum. AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! And open until 1am on Fridays and Saturdays!

Heck, you should go to St. Louis just to visit this museum (and the world class botanical gardens). I cannot wait to go back.2864424866_fd959cb6b6_b.jpg

2863595935_9e561b2901_b.jpg

2864421188_a03c7ce744_b.jpg

2864383372_530d1a2fd6_b.jpg

In this photo below, you can also see what I think is the base of a huge battleship gun and also the bottom of this awesome slide that goes from the 3rd to the 1st floor.

2864365342_edd41e3f5d_b.jpg

Dragons love sousaphones. :)

2864435348_dccdafaacd_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else noticed that on WZZMs home page it says "Grand Rapids Police confirm a man is being treated at Spectrum Butterworth Hospital tonight after being shot in the stomach at an apartment on the city's southeast side" but when you click through to the article is clearly states the shooting occurred on the NORTHeast side? What a bunch of BS. I emailed every general email address on their site and two of the three bounced back.

Way to go ZZM, you're not stereotyping the SE side at all.

Has anyone else noticed that on WZZMs home page it says "Grand Rapids Police confirm a man is being treated at Spectrum Butterworth Hospital tonight after being shot in the stomach at an apartment on the city's southeast side" but when you click through to the article is clearly states the shooting occurred on the NORTHeast side? What a bunch of BS. I emailed every general email address on their site and two of the three bounced back.

Way to go ZZM, you're not stereotyping the SE side at all.

FYI it was a Creston High School student who was shot... I found this out earlier because I coach at EGR and we were supposed to play them until this tragedy...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...