The Watering Hole

It was Terri Land and Neal Shine the Former Senior Managing Editor of the Detroit Free Press in studio. Basically what was said in the section I caught was that Grand Rapids and the west side is for the laid back country folk while detroit and the east side is more bustling and fast paced city life.

Gotcha!

countryboys.jpg

Edited by mpchicago

Hey metro m, if you happen to catch this, I think this might be part of the reason that Urban Planet has so many forumers in the GR section. Check out these google searches and watch for the UrbanPlanet hit:

Union Square

Riverhouse

Icon On Bond

Medical Mile

Helen Devos Children's Hospital

920 Cherry

The Fitzgerald

Hillmount Condominiums

Whenever someone does a search for a new project in downtown GR, UrbanPlanet pops up either in the top ten or 20. And we keep putting links to local organizations and clubs on here, which draws more people because they check their web traffic for spikes.

....if I had to put my finger on it :whistling:

I put my response here because I didn't want to mess up the headcount thread.

Oh yah, plus we rock righton.gif

Edited by GRDadof3

it's you're shining personality GRdad.

and, What's with all the hate for the Great East side of Michigan folks?

There are so many great things over there. So many of my friends from Grand Rapids, or western Michigan and the holy land **cough cough, I mean Ottawa county, talk about how much they hate it over there, most of them have never even been. Without Detroit Michigan would barely be more than a fly-over state where cows out number people! I got love for the D!!! So much history, and Great People. So what if the politics, and regional fighting has turned it into a circus. Thats not my Detroit.

it's you're shining personality GRdad.

and, What's with all the hate for the Great East side of Michigan folks?

There are so many great things over there. So many of my friends from Grand Rapids, or western Michigan and the holy land **cough cough, I mean Ottawa county, talk about how much they hate it over there, most of them have never even been. Without Detroit Michigan would barely be more than a fly-over state where cows out number people! I got love for the D!!! So much history, and Great People. So what if the politics, and regional fighting has turned it into a circus. Thats not my Detroit.

Thanks MJLO! Although I don't think so many people come out to see me talk to myself. :P It's hard to see the forest for the trees in Detroit. I've been many times, and a lot of my friends in college were from the Detroit area (although more the Northwestern areas). I don't "hate" Detroit. My Mom taught us never to hate anything ;)

Edited by GRDadof3

I know this is totally juvenile, but my neighbor and I were joking (over a couple of beers) about going to planning commission meetings, and every time someone says something ASSANINE, we'd pull out this:

image003.jpg

or an air-horn

B0000BYRN4.01-A12J7Z25BKBAUQ._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

"You darn developers want to bring in low-income housing and all that crime, and those rapists, and....BWAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPP!!!!!" :rofl:

"I think that wall looks fine Mr Moch...PFFFIIIRRRRRTTTTT!! :rofl:

You probably had to be there...

I know this is totally juvenile, but my neighbor and I were joking (over a couple of beers) about going to planning commission meetings, and every time someone says something ASSANINE, we'd pull out this:

image003.jpg

Hey, I have a fart machine (got it from Spencer's)...if you wanted to borrow it just let me know. It is unbelievably hillarious!