The Watering Hole

Well if it wasn't for the globalists, their media and the masses being incurably ignorant, Ron Paul would be our president and we would have our lost constitution back. Like Bush, Obama will use the constitution to wipe with. Have you noticed how happy Bush is with passing the baton on to Obama?

~John

That's really disrespectful and highly ignorant to imply that you and a small percentage of the population are the only ones that can think for themselves.

I'm just an alternative media informed person.

You sure would think that MLK would be on the front page of the Grand Rapids Press today, but no, they have Obama.

Really? This is your source of alternative media?

Well if it wasn't for the globalists, their media and the masses being incurably ignorant, Ron Paul would be our president and we would have our lost constitution back. Like Bush, Obama will use the constitution to wipe with. Have you noticed how happy Bush is with passing the baton on to Obama?

~John

oy, gevalt. i can feel i.q. points falling out of my skull just reading this.

John E., I've been known to raise a political stink on these boards here as a minority conservative/republican supporter, however, I really can't back your argument here.

I didn't vote for Obama and I personally think he IS overglorified, considering the man hasn't done anything but be elected, but I don't blame him for it. I certainly don't think he was overshadowing MLK Day. In fact, I think he is the perfect poster child of a modern day MLK (although King himself did favor some conservative principles). I agree the integrity of the media, no matter what major network you watch, is pathetic but alternative news sources have their agenda just like everyone else. Once you just learn to accept the spin, take it with a grain of salt, and use your own intelligence to digest it and come to your own conclusions, it isn't so bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got an e-mail telling stores to stop accepting Local First gift certificates because the issuers, CertifiChecks, shut down. I hope you guys used your certs! Unfortunately, I'm sitting on $20 or so still that it looks like I won't be able to redeem.

Edit: GR Press Article

CertifiChecks went out of business and left a lot of people and organizations stranded. Check out LF website for details on how to request a refund from that company: www.localfirst.com. Also, the $15 Local First Coupon Books are not affected by this. They're still available and being accepted by participating retailers. There has been some confusion about these two offerings.

YMCA two days ago, and now this. Downtown's not getting a good public image right now, that's for sure.

I believe the Y was just yesterday.

The only change: every doorway has a sign on it indicating "no more guest passes until further notice." They want patrons to have ID on them at all times. And there seemed to be more staff hanging around in the lobby. One of them was casually wandering, and our paths almost intersected as I strode purposefully through.

But busy as ever, for a Weds night.

(replace the paper towels, folks! You want us to wipe down the machines, supply the tools!)