The Watering Hole

Just posting information to let the people here know what is going on in Lansing. Lansing disregards the State Constitution. Gavel downing constitutional parliamentary process.

"Democrats just violated Article IV, Section 18, of the Michigan Constitution, which provides: "The record of the vote and name of the members of either house voting on any question shall be entered in the journal at the request of one-fifth of the members present." Rep. Agema attempted to discharge a set of bills; nearly all Republicans requested a record roll call vote. The demand was unconstitutionally disregarded."

-Justin Amash

As posted on his Facebook page the other day.

~John

"Though it cost all you have, gain understanding!"

• 5 weeks later...

I'm sure by now, everyone has seen these photos but I think they bear repeating. They should be plastered on billboards across the country and if they happen to be near a BP or Amoco gas station, even better.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/03/gulf-oil-spill-photos-ani_n_560813.html

The CEO of BP should be forced to watch a continuous loop of these, Clockwork Orange style. I for one, cannot get these horrific images off my mind and this is only the beginning folks. Keep them in mind the next time you fill up your tank.

Edited by jwazzz

• 3 months later...

I see that the local ABC broadcasting channel airing H&M ads; GR a possible future location?

I read somewhere online a while ago that it was coming to the Village of Orchard Hills. Not sure what the status on that is, though. I love H&M and hope they do open a store here soon.

Edited by Timize

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I actually volunteer with the grand rapids community foundation youth grant committee. The person heading up that operation was a woman. I don't know much about the entire foundation as a whole, but as far the the youth grand committee is concerned, the volunteers were equally represent by both genders. I just took a look at their website and out of the 23 positions held there, only 1 is held by a man. I believe there is some gender bias. But I also believe many woman actively pursue this type of career. Believe you me, I don't think that kind of position is for me and a lot of guys would say the same thing. Although you could pick up a lot of chicks when you say, "I work for a community foundation to better the lives of individuals around me." But those sound like words of a woman, and that's why I think there are so many woman in that particular field.

• 2 weeks later...

I just found this one website that is tickling my nerd bone. It is an Internet Mapping application, specific to Grand Rapids, in where you can look up all sorts of information about grand rapids and such. I geek out over stuff like this so...

Here is the link

You should also check out MAPAS, a project of the Community Research Institute at GVSU, and Regis, the mapping system the Grand Valley Metro Council has in place.

MAPAS: http://open.cridata.org/maps/mapas/map.html

REGIS: http://ims.gvmc-regis.org/website/public/

• 3 weeks later...

... It has been slow lately. It seems like a general vibe the last year.

Not totally sure why (lots of new stuff, Gallery on Fulton, MSU med school, etc)

Note that three of you are not even in our fair city these days. Two of you: different time zone!

(hoping that the UP job creation program is not a one-shot deal)