The Watering Hole

• 11 months later...

Am sitting at Graffiti Coffee in Hollywood, where I came across my friend buying a familiar local GR brand.

But the honest truth is, just recently I've started seeing these everywhere out here.  Moreover, I've started seeing people buying it.  Not just here in LA, but in my travels to San Diego and Las Vegas too.  Seems to be gaining steam on the West Coast among the coffeehouse crowd.

1240128_10100858353364795_1667911700_n.j

Not to mention, the Eames chairs are a nice touch.  :shades:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm amused by the people complaining of job losses. Yes, this sucks for the individuals who are finding themselves without a job, but it's not like there will be less construction projects because of this. Lamar's labor issues go beyond a union dispute: They were found to be violating wage theft laws. Good riddance - let the work (hopefully) go to a company that takes better care of its employees.

• 3 weeks later...

So, Founders Bank is selling out (Old National plans to acquire...).  And this after Founders spent the last couple of years telling us how committed they were to our community.  

So, did some controlling interest at Founders need to cash out or did they dig themselves in some kind of hole?  I didn't know too much about that place but the few things I heard were never very positive.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I was wondering if you guys thought it would be a good idea to create a LinkedIn group inviting all of Urban Planet's Grand Rapids Members to join. I always wanted to know what people on this forum did for a living and I thought LinkedIn would be a great way of connecting. 

• Like 1

I was wondering if you guys thought it would be a good idea to create a LinkedIn group inviting all of Urban Planet's Grand Rapids Members to join. I always wanted to know what people on this forum did for a living and I thought LinkedIn would be a great way of connecting. 

Along with just the curiosity factor, it would be helpful in other ways. We used to have the occasional meet-up...

I do miss those meetups.  I admittedly never had much input on them back when we still had them, but I certainly learned a LOT from them.  Especially GRDad's meetup on exploring possible corridors for commuter rail.

Lunch-n-learns. We did a bunch of them. That was back when no one was talking about this stuff but us..

• 8 years later...