The Watering Hole

I don't spose anyone was at Woodland today around noon for PETA's protest of J. Crew?

Doh! beat me to it!

Brrrrr though.... :rofl:

Our little city is growing up:

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=47181

Grand Rapids - PETA members are holding a "Die-In" in Grand Rapids today.

They'll be nearly naked and covered in fake blood, protesting animals that PETA says are skinned alive for their fur.

It happens at noon today outside the J. Crew store at the Woodland Mall.

Edited by snoogit

Shameless Plug >

Papa Vegas will be playing at Ten Bells on the 10th of December. Don't remember Papa Vegas? They had a song that made it to #15 on the modern rock charts before being chewed up and spit out by the anti-christ (RCA/BMG) due to NSync (spelled cash cow) leaving the label.

http://www.myspace.com/papavegas

Be there or be square (oh yeah, spread the word too. My brother is/was in this band). :)

Joe

I didn't think this merited its own thread, but does anyone know to where Meritage Hospitality Group is moving? (if indeed they are). It looks like their space in Knapp's Corner is up for lease, and I don't think they are closing. Especially not with their partnership with O'Charley's. I would think they might be looking for new space. Just curious.

^Cause a certain few members would like a pikabo! Anyways, did you know the Michigan Trust Building in downtown was the tallest building in the state of Michigan at that time. It was the states first skyscraper!

MTB at: http://www.grapids.lib.mi.us/photocoll?cat=buildings#mid

Michigan Trust was not the tallest in Michigan, although Logie used to throw that around a few times. There was a building in Detroit that was taller. Anyway, send me a PM Rizzo when you get a chance (you too gvsusean).

google ads are very accurate as far as looking like they are target at grand rapids. Yahoo is advertising Oklahoma-based Mortgage stuff and Park City, UT condos.. stupid.

:rofl: I was just thinking that I needed to check out mortgage rates in Oklahoma :rofl: There's also an Oklahoma law firm, just in case the Feds are after me :ph34r:

Anyone going to the kick-off of the skating rink today at 4:00? If the wind wasn't so d**ned cold, it would probably be not bad outside.

That would be fun if it wasn't for the wind. I'm actually going to Charley's Crab for the first time tonight, I'm quite excited.

Edited by twoshort