The Watering Hole

I got a digital camera for Christmas already.. maybe someday I'll be published on UP :P

That's cool! What kind did you get? It doesn't look like I'll get my new camera this year :( Maybe at tax time.

The Polar Express is pretty intense. We saw it at the IMAX :shok:

Nitro, insulated waders?

That's cool! What kind did you get? It doesn't look like I'll get my new camera this year :( Maybe at tax time.

It is a Kodak C330, 4 megapixel and I ordered a 512mb SD card for it yesterday for like 23 dollars. I wanted a 1GB, but I didn't want to spend 50-60 bucks on it. I'm definately not a good photographer, but I'm very happy with it so far. What kind do you use?

EDIT: Linky.

Edited by twoshort

Thats a nice camera, you should enjoy being able to capture with longer exposure times. I want to get a SLR camera, basicly its the Escalade (includes all the bells and whistles) of digital cameras. I have to save a long long while...

Edited by Rizzo

It is a Kodak C330, 4 megapixel and I ordered a 512mb SD card for it yesterday for like 23 dollars. I wanted a 1GB, but I didn't want to spend 50-60 bucks on it. I'm definately not a good photographer, but I'm very happy with it so far. What kind do you use?

I use a Kodak Easyshare CX7330 3.1 MP. It's not bad, and fits in just about any jacket pocket :ph34r: I would like to make the jump to a digital SLR this year. I have an OLD Ricoh standard SLR with 3 or 4 lenses somewhere packed away. I think you'll like the quality of the Kodak you got.

with digi SLRs you can spend 8 grand easy, to find this one around that price is pretty good... You would have to be very serious with photography to take on something like that. You'd have to be someone in the biz to justify buying a product like that.

Edited by Rizzo

with digi SLRs you can spend 8 grand easy, to find this one around that price is pretty good... You would have to be very serious with photography to take on something like that. You'd have to be someone in the biz to justify buying a product like that.

That's if you go with 16 MP. The Canon Digital Rebel is well under $1000:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007QKN2...glance&n=502394

Yah, a thousand for a SLR is great, but if your in the biz you skip anything less then 6. SLRs are fastly becoming cheaper and cheaper, I wouldn't be surpised if in a years time, next christmas, to see SLRs like you Dad last posted to be in the 400 range or even less.

Grand Rapids skyline from 84th street would fit my bill. Hey did you know that if your on the sand dunes at PJ Hofmaster you can see Milwaukee! There has been a myth about seeing Chicago from Grand Haven on one of thoes sand dunes, I have yet to be able to.

Edited by Rizzo

Yah, a thousand for a SLR is great, but if your in the biz you skip anything less then 6. SLRs are fastly becoming cheaper and cheaper, I wouldn't be surpised if in a years time, next christmas, to see SLRs like you Dad last posted to be in the 400 range or even less.

I can wait :whistling: I'm not really in the biz, I would just like a new camera that takes better quality photos so that I can blow them up larger.

Grand Rapids skyline from 84th street would fit my bill. Hey did you know that if your on the sand dunes at PJ Hofmaster you can see Milwaukee! There has been a myth about seeing Chicago from Grand Haven on one of thoes sand dunes, I have yet to be able to.

Technically I don't think it's possible, except maybe if somehow haze or something refracted the light to bounce around the curvature of the earth :huh: You can probably see lights at night if the conditions were almost perfect.

I use a Canon Digital Rebel SLR & I have the choice of an 18-55 mm lens & a 75-300 mm lens. This is a GREAT camera, it's easy to use. The best part is that my father has multiple lens and accessories for me to play with.

I just got the Samsung i730, which I love. After bad luck with two other cell phones, I

I dont know if you are serious or not but I read somewhere that the farthest you can see with the naked eye on a perfectly clear day over perfectly glassy water is about 14 miles.

Grand Rapids from just before the 44th Street exit on EB 196 would work all right, too ;)

Has anyone been to Charlotte in Eaton County? I'm going there to visit folks I know and I am very convinced that I will need to bust out the camera. I'll be sure to share them with you, especially the nightime shots!

Holy cow! Charlotte. I grew up about 5 miles Northeast of there. It has the classic "Back To The Future" town square with quite an impressive courthouse, but other than that, not much goin on. I think there are a couple of historic buildings including a theatre too.