The Watering Hole

It's about $1500, but Neo says he has turned down donations in the past. Maybe he'd have a change of heart :whistling: With over 6000 members, even if a quarter of them gave a dollar...

I think there's more than a few GR people who would give more than a dollar, but then again, I don't know any of these people :D. In the mean time I'm sure these Yahoo banner ads are pay-per-click. So get clickin.

I was checking out some of the Detroit forums last night, and came across this:

http://www.detroitfunk.com/images/JAN06/DSC_6980.jpg

(I don't want to post the photo here without permission).

That one hit me pretty hard.

Feel free to check out the rest of the site:

dETROITfUNK

and this one is good too:

detroitblog.org

My resolution this year is to not say another bad word about Detroit.

I was checking out some of the Detroit forums last night, and came across this:

http://www.detroitfunk.com/images/JAN06/DSC_6980.jpg

(I don't want to post the photo here without permission).

That one hit me pretty hard.

dETROITfUNK

and this one is good too:

detroitblog.org

My resolution this year is to not say another bad word about Detroit.

detroitblog.org is my favorite. I've been reading it for almost 2 years. Does anyone know who this guy is? Is he a regular at UPDET?

dETROITfUNK

This was a disturbing caption under a photo of the Donovan Building being torn down:

"The main building in the Motown complex, the Donovan Building, slowly being eaten away. D-Day has come, and its time for another record breaking (and law breaking) tear down. No demolition signs, no contiguous fencing, no air quality devices - I did see the water hose on one time when they were using the wrecking ball. These guys just dont give a d---, this s--- coming down."

Is Detroit really that lax when it comes to enforcing laws?

Oh yeah right.......Did you have an email address that was a number??? (Only the hardcore oldy Compuserve people will know about that one)

Remember Prodigy? Your account number was also your email address. And if you wanted to add people you assigned them the next letter in alphabet. So the main one would be [email protected] and then other family members or whoever would have [email protected], [email protected], etc. I remember mine started 8 something. It's hard to believe that was more than 10 years ago.

Oh yeah right.......Did you have an email address that was a number??? (Only the hardcore oldy Compuserve people will know about that one)

Oh yeah right.... Did you even own a computer or is that something you only read about? Remember darling, I've had access to every kind of personal computer, camera, GPS, or home gaming system from the good old days to now.

You asked...

Oh yeah right.... Did you even own a computer or is that something you only read about? Remember darling, I've had access to every kind of personal computer, camera, GPS, or home gaming system from the good old days to now.

You asked...

Well, you got me there. Some of us weren't born with the 'ol silver spoon.

Us poor kids had to communicate with tin cans and strings. Most of the time we just shouted to each other.............

I wrote a 3d game in BASIC.... BASIC is a bad language its totally pseudo... get with C++ or Python.

I was po' and tin cans and strings was ultra hip extra high tech. I was the man on the block. I made a can holder, ultra cool leather hip strap, cool as hell. Everytime I'd walk I'd make sure my hips made that can and string with the fake antenna jiggle, watch that thing swing with my hips..