The Watering Hole

This was a disturbing caption under a photo of the Donovan Building being torn down:

"The main building in the Motown complex, the Donovan Building, slowly being eaten away. D-Day has come, and its time for another record breaking (and law breaking) tear down. No demolition signs, no contiguous fencing, no air quality devices - I did see the water hose on one time when they were using the wrecking ball. These guys just dont give a d---, this s--- coming down."

Is Detroit really that lax when it comes to enforcing laws?

This is the second major building demolished in the last year that was done without a good consideration of saftey. The other was the Madison-Lenox Hotel (technically 3 buildings) that was illegally demolished last May. The building's owner wanted the building demolished but the city historical society didn't approve the buildings destruction. To solve this, a demolition company showed up one day and started tearing at the buildings. :angry:

No blocking of the road, sidewalk, no abatement, hazardous materials flying, etc. Not to mention no one was notified it was going to happen

Oh yeah! What about a Commodore 64? Or did you ever write BASIC programming? :rofl:

Of course I did BASIC.. how do you think I got to be where I am :D .. I used to get this magazine when I was a kid, "3,2,1 Contact" that had a BASIC program in it every issue. Man those were the good old days. I remember our first 8088 had a "Turbo" button :blink: . SWWEEEEEET!

Of course I did BASIC.. how do you think I got to be where I am :D .. I used to get this magazine when I was a kid, "3,2,1 Contact" that had a BASIC program in it every issue. Man those were the good old days. I remember our first 8088 had a "Turbo" button :blink: . SWWEEEEEET!

:lol: 3,2,1 Contact was an awesome science show on PBS when I was a kid. ;)

Apparently there were some gremlins getting into the system this morning, which was why there were problems :ph34r: I'm staying invisible because I think someone's "hacked" off at me and causing problems :unsure: Every time I log in as "visible", everything goes haywire.

:shok: UP is under attack :shok:

GR1 thats pretty cool.. Thoes women are pretty pissed, are you sure you have enough rage against the "Man," for this? :) I think I'll shoot my girl this site, she'd have fun in this league... I'm pretty good at causing aggrevation so this will be the most constructive outlet to let it all out.