The Watering Hole

GR1 thats pretty cool.. Thoes women are pretty pissed, are you sure you have enough rage against the "Man," for this? :) I think I'll shoot my girl this site, she'd have fun in this league... I'm pretty good at causing aggrevation so this will be the most constructive outlet to let it all out.

The general consensus from all that know me (and know my dream) is that I'm probably not tough enough...but I'm seriously thinking about training or something. It'd be an excellent anger outlet! Plus, I love the outfits! Tell your girl if she wants to join I could use a training partner! :D

City or MSA? Probably not 2006 (29 days into it), but maybe through mid 2005 or so. From what I read, the Grand Rapids - Wyoming MSA is estimated to be growing at a slower pace (maybe .3% or so). The city of GR is still losing population, like many cities are.

What indicators are you referring to?

Read the front page of the GRBJ January 23, 2006 edition . . . "Michigan's Outbound Migration Continues" . . . .

That article is about Michigan, not Grand Rapids. And, it also talks about the correlation of "outbound" vs. "inbound" moving vans from United Van Lines, and how Michigan is classified as having more outbound than inbound. But it also goes on to say that United has had Michigan and most of the Northeast classified as "outbound" since 1977 :rofl: Not exactly a scientific barometer.

With that being said, there is still a shift of people moving from the North to the suburban South. And it will probably accelerate at least until the Baby Boomers reach nursing home age.

The census estimates show the city losing people, but at a very stagnant rate, in five years, the difference is no more than a couple thousand at most. Also keep in mind, that estimates before the 2000 census reflected, a decline in population. I remember reading how mayor Logie said there was a population increase, and when the numbers came out, the cities core had grown four percent. Estimates, should be labeled educated guesstimates. They are not an exact science.