The Watering Hole

Not hotwire, but I've used travelocity and like it for the most part, but you get to pick your exact flight. the only thing that sucks is they will say your flight is $250 but when you select it and continue a screen comes up saying "The price has changed. The new price for your flight is now $450." :shok:<_<

Yeah, I've checked the open (where you know the times) sites, and the price is good, but $50.00 cheaper is $50.00 cheaper :D

Have never used Hotwire. Have used both Travelocity and Expedia. But lately I've been going directly through the airline. For instance, if you know which airlines fly into your destination city the most, go on their website and check them first. You can often get a lower fare there. I recently flew from GR to San Francisco for $230. You can generally get Chicago to San Francisco for $200 or under, but to add GR for only $30 extra was amazing, and time saving. Wish I could help more with GR-LAX. Maybe try Southwest.

Always have the best prices with Priceline. The only downside is you cannot pick the exact times, but you can choose the dates. Also, with putting your own bid in, you can save a fair amount of money.

Yeah.. I almost bit the bullet, but got a good price from the airline direct and now i know exactly how much time i'll have there.

Yeah.. I almost bit the bullet, but got a good price from the airline direct and now i know exactly how much time i'll have there.

I have found I get the best prices through Continental direct. I got a flight to Phoenix recently for $258 through them. The next cheapest airline was over $300

Has anyone been to the Grand Rapids City Special Briefing Sessions held monthly at City Hall? Apparently they're held at 10:30 a.m. and are open to the public. What kind of information to they present at these meetings? The next one is February 21. Full list.

I'd be interested in going, but would like to know what to expect.

I'd go just to find out what kind of info I can get... I'm not sure what would be on the docket.

Somethin to add - us UP-GR forumers should consider going to these meetings as a group. Kind like showing support for proposed projects and other decision the city may have to face.

Its been awhile since UP-Gr was slow goin'...

It has seemed a bit slow, but I think it's relative to how busy it was not too long ago. There haven't been any huge development announcements or overly controversial issues for the past few days. I'm sure as soon as something big happens, more people will be back.