The Watering Hole

Anyone notice we are quickly catching up to the Detroit forum in number of posts? Go Best Coast go. ;) I remember when it was just Allan and I and I decided to post anything and everything just hoping others would show up. I'm getting choked up... :)

Joe

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yah, it's interesting when you go back to the original posts back then to today:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...lter=all&st=330

It was like you and Allan were just having a conversation :P

Great job joe!

Edited by GRDadof3

har, har, grdad!

But here's a real question:

How can I convert a (non-digital) photo of my house to use as my avatar? I'd much rather be represented by my own dear little chateau than the temple of some old dead fart. What do I need to do?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only way I know of is to scan the photo (Kinkos has one if you don't have access to one), and then that converts it to digital. If you have the original film, you may be able to have any photo processing center convert it to digital??

Good luck!

With new hotel rooms, new living spaces, and more entertainment options, the number of people downtown seems to be growing exponentially. Will we expect to see an increase in the number of taxis as well?

Right now, there really aren't many taxis around downtown as opposed to larger metros where it seems every other vehicle on the road is a taxi. I don't have any idea of current numbers, but just a thought...

Can someone, anyone, please cut the small tree that is draped over the sidewalk as you are walking into Ah-Nab-Awen Park from Pearl (by the Ford Museum Drive)?! I personally saw 4 or 5 people walk right into it during the walk on Saturday :unsure: I thought about taking a small saw down there myself, but thought I would get hauled off by the men in blue :P

What a beautiful dream; to step outside and hail a passing taxi, rather than phoning, dashing to the porch, then waiting 40 to 45 minutes.

I was in Norway this summer and they have a zero tolerance for drinking and driving. Have one drink and you can not drive. Even in the smaller cities there are taxies everywhere!

Can someone, anyone, please cut the small tree that is draped over the sidewalk as you are walking into Ah-Nab-Awen Park from Pearl (by the Ford Museum Drive)?! I personally saw 4 or 5 people walk right into it during the walk on Saturday :unsure: I thought about taking a small saw down there myself, but thought I would get hauled off by the men in blue :P

The GR Parks and Rec Department is in shambles. While they could be looking at a lawsuit with a low branch hitting someone in the head, don

alright everyone, I haven't posted for a while because i've been visiting my parents in LA, I just want everyone to do a rain dance for me and pray that NorthWorst doesn't strand me in MPS for 18hours again! ok, continue you with your regularly scheduled waterhole topics, I miss Grand Rapids I want to be home!

Raindance completed, MJLO.

About park potties...yes, reahly, my deahs! Doggie and I attended the Humane Society Walkathon last Saturday, at John Ball Park. Using the little brick "facility" there is one small step up from camping! Guess we humans were lucky to at least have real toilet paper furnished, and not have to resort to oak leaves.

Dadoff (my Russian friend)

Yes, I heard the same rumor, saw the initial plans and would have to kill you if I told you any more. Will make everyone happy, I believe

Signed,

Anonymous

Yes, comrade! Very intervesting....try to let us know the vinal plans a veek bevore press release to make us feel "in za know" ;)

And I drove by Ah-Nab-Awen Park today and I swear the tree branch is now gone :blink:

Thank you

offtopic, but a milestone event tonite

bob dylan 1961-66 as documented and interpreted by martin scorsese

(with access to dylan's own personal film collection)

joint PBS/BBC production

tonite at nine on WGVU

(i believe it will be a two-parter though)

:wub:

Edited by publius

Would you guys find any value in having a City Profile section on this site? ironchapman (from the Georgia forum) and Allan over at Detroit have made these, and they did a great job! But there is no way on God's green Earth that I would have the time to put one of these together :w00t: There are sites like CityData that get big advertising bucks for these, so doing it for free seems silly. Anyone else want to take a swing at it?

Here is the Detroit one:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15219

(every single entry has a link :blink: )

one for Savannah, GA:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13229

and one for Atlanta:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12836

Any thoughts?

Edited by GRDadof3