The Watering Hole

Is it the sport that facinated you, or the lovely ladies who played the sport in the olympics :lol:

you bring a good point, but as lovely as the ladies on the US olympic team were, i think we could create the same type of sex appeal to the sport with the eligible bachelor curlers from grand rapids ;)

the sport really is quite interesting though, i found myself many a mornings these past two weeks watching curling.

you bring a good point, but as lovely as the ladies on the US olympic team were, i think we could create the same type of sex appeal to the sport with the eligible bachelor curlers from grand rapids ;)

the sport really is quite interesting though, i found myself many a mornings these past two weeks watching curling.

well hmmm I forget this is one of the few message boards that I participate in that isnt dominated by males :lol: ...

I only say that because everyone talks about the curling women, all the dang time. Even for a martian such as myself it gets a little bewildering all the chatter about the venetians ;)

Funny that curling came up here...I was just saying "who in the h*** came up with that sport and how?"

No offense, find it kind of odd :huh:

And I am off to Phoenix where it should be about 70+ each day for the next 5 days! :yahoo:

Funny that curling came up here...I was just saying "who in the h*** came up with that sport and how?"

No offense, find it kind of odd :huh:

And I am off to Phoenix where it should be about 70+ each day for the next 5 days! :yahoo:

How did girls night out go last week? I didn't hear anything about a paddy wagon being dispatched so I assume it went ok.

Has anyone tried Olive in EGR? It just opened. Heard it was good. They *ALMOST* did a good job renovating that building but they forgot the top half.

Speaking of Olives, I also like Olive Expess downtown. If you haven't tried it yet they have great food. Cheap too!

Joe

Just tried Olive last week. Two thumbs down on the food. Good wine selection and not overpriced.

GR Urban Guy

sorry if this is off topic but i couldn't find a place to ask this question,

anyone here know of a place one could pick up the sport of curling nearby? after watching the olympics, my facination with the sport has somewhat grown.

No disrespect but curling is the worst! Talk about a totally unwatchable sport that gets SO much run and for no reason other than people saying 'curling is great!'

For all of you 'guest' users, if you really want to get the full effect

of the forum, you should join - come on, it's free. That way you

can view all of the wonderful photos members here post for the

benefit of all. AND, you can actually see all the 'smilies' and get

more of the author's tone in their post. You can log in as

'invisible' if that is important to you - or go ahead and join in the

conversation. The members are friendly, and they never fail to

welcome a newbie.

Have a quick question about forum usability - Is there a way for the "view new posts" link to return only new posts from particular forums, and not EVERY forum @ UP?

That would be the greatest.

I've poked around for about 15 minutes now, and am not finding any way to do so.

Thanks in advance.

Have a quick question about forum usability - Is there a way for the "view new posts" link to return only new posts from particular forums, and not EVERY forum @ UP?

That would be the greatest.

I've poked around for about 15 minutes now, and am not finding any way to do so.

Thanks in advance.

Doesn't your screen of the Grand Rapids forum show a little orange "box" next to the threads which have been updated and you haven't read yet?

I think there is also an RSS feed function that many people use, but I'm not sure how it works. You can go to the Urban Planet Information section and find some answers.

Doesn't your screen of the Grand Rapids forum show a little orange "box" next to the threads which have been updated and you haven't read yet?

I think there is also an RSS feed function that many people use, but I'm not sure how it works. You can go to the Urban Planet Information section and find some answers.

In fact it does. :)

With all the different forums I read, most use Vbulletin. First time I've used a: "Invision Power Board v2.1.4".

Thanks for the heads up.