The Watering Hole

Has anyone heard of the concept of "Thinking parties"?

I heard about them the other day, it is where a group of people will meet perhaps at a favorite bar or restaurant, and just start throwing out ideas at random, and having discussions on them as they are suggested.

Sounds like something neat to do with a few friends and a couple cups of coffee.

Alright kids, I'm leaving for mexico now.. have fun in MI.. don't miss me to much :P (Although it's supposed to get really warm here too I guess)

Cuidate y que te disfrutes en Mexico...

If, in the next week, Google, Toyota, the United Nations, and the NBA all decide to relocate to GR, we'll be sure to send a telegram, Wishing You Were Here... :thumbsup:

yes yes I got that. LA's a workin town. Not to pretty in many spots

ah.. ok. Well anyways, yes we did go down hollywood blvd. It was closed partially for the Acadamy Awards, but there wasn't much to look at. That picture is actually two blocks off of hollywood blvd, Yucca and N. Cahuenga I think.

Well I just got back from a weekend in southern Cali. Here's my pic of the day. Ah the beauty and glamour of Hollywood.
At least our weather will feel somewhat like So. Cal. this weekend. All sun, and we could make it into the 60s. :shades: Grand Haven anyone?

Happy belated birthday Rizzo we are getting air time everywhere. I have decided that urban planet is good for GR, all of us have really only been on here for a little less than a year, and in that time it has Exploded!

Jeff, I give you the most props for this, I crown you king of tireless community devotion! Why you are this way, we may never know,

all hail the king!

Jeff, I give you the most props for this, I crown you king of tireless community devotion! Why you are this way, we may never know,

all hail the king!

I completely agree. It is a combination of his love of downtown Grand Rapids, and his competitivness in making this the premier place for information on downtown that fuels his devotion.

So after all that, he owes me a round at the next meetup. :thumbsup:

It's lower now. What happened? :huh:

I reset the counter. That high number of users was caused by a software glitch. I also resychronized the post counters so everyone's post count fell a little. More if you have a lot of deleted posts.

Interesting idea with the GR Coffee House section. How do you determine what threads get moved and started here? Is the main GR page just for developments then?

There is a lot of activity in this forum so I created this subforum for topics that are less development related but still oriented towards the community.

I completely agree. It is a combination of his love of downtown Grand Rapids, and his competitivness in making this the premier place for information on downtown that fuels his devotion.

So after all that, he owes me a round at the next meetup. :thumbsup:

Alright John, just give me a couple weeks. :thumbsup: