The Watering Hole

Did anyone go out last night? It was a beautiful day and night! I was surprised to not see very many people out and about last night. I went to Grand Woods and sat outside for a couple beers, then over to The BOB and it was dead.

I was out.. O'tooles then McFaddens.. left just before the trip over to the BOB, b/c unlike some of my friends.. I have 8am meetings.. :angry:

Did anyone go out last night? It was a beautiful day and night! I was surprised to not see very many people out and about last night. I went to Grand Woods and sat outside for a couple beers, then over to The BOB and it was dead.

I too was at McFadden's for about 30 minutes for a oberon. It was pretty freaking busy if you ask me.. but I dont' go out on thursdays usually.

What idiots! Has anyone heard an update on the family who's car was "projected" into on-coming traffic by these tools? And what crimes these guys are going to be charged with?

I think the family has been released from the hospital and one of the drivers, a 47 year-old was charged with child endangerment because his 15 year old son was sitting in the front seat during the race.

I think the family has been released from the hospital and one of the drivers, a 47 year-old was charged with child endangerment because his 15 year old son was sitting in the front seat during the race.

I'm sure they'll see other charges, especialy since they were drinking and driving and the one guy left the scene of the accident.

And in a couple of years the 15 year old son will be charged with a similar crime (having been taught right vs. wrong by his dad).

A little google search will show that the DUI guy is a member of the porsche club of America.. perhaps they need some more organized race events...

What kinda car do you drive? Those lights look very Xeonish...

I didn't take the picture :blush:

However, my friend did and I have no idea what car he was driving. Sorry PBJ.

Here's my view THURSDAY night. i was in the lot below walking back from crush/grand woods and noticed the same thing.

Wow, they really should get that thing fixed.

Did anybody else go to the Roller Derby at the DeltaPlex Saturday night? Wow, was it packed. I was shocked. I thought maybe a couple hundred people would show, but there were probably at least 2,000. It was just an exhibition game and they have a few kinks to work out, but definitely entertaining overall.

Do you mean the multi-colored condos? I'd say that's prime real-estate there behind the police station.

Did anybody else go to the Roller Derby at the DeltaPlex Saturday night? Wow, was it packed. I was shocked. I thought maybe a couple hundred people would show, but there were probably at least 2,000. It was just an exhibition game and they have a few kinks to work out, but definitely entertaining overall.

I was there, solely because it's my dream to be a roller girl :D I was very surprised with the turnout also, it was a great show, and the crowd was really into it!

Edited by GR1

I just found a spam blog called "grand rapid: grand rapid Useful Information" --- I hate spam blogs. But a spam blog trying to make money with AdSense that incorrectly spells the name of the city it's trying to exploit... that's just bizarre. The link is on my blog if you really need to see it.