The Watering Hole

I'll post it for easier reference:

light_it_up.jpg

I thought it was the building right across Market from Charley's Crab, but I'm not so sure. The thing behind it though sort of looks like the renovated portions of Breton Village?

Hint:

It's at the intersection of F_____ and D______ ... and the "D" does not stand for Division.

What is up with the way the associated press/WoodTV is spelling out numbers lately?

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4...10&nav=menu44_2

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4...65&nav=menu44_2

"571-thousand dollars last year" and "point-oh-eight percent?" Did I miss something in my writing classes?

you might have missed something in your journalism classes ;)

the numbers one-ten are to be written out like one, two, three, four, five, etc. although 571-thousand is improper, $571,000 is more appropriate. and "point oh eight" should be point zero-eight percent.

If some guy came up to you and did that would the first reaction be to laugh? :P

No I'd be pissed. That's what's so funny about it. :lol: "Mommy, he touched ma jewels". :cry: If these guys are so "manly", they can handle it. It's not like he hit him with a chair or something.

No I'd be pissed. That's what's so funny about it. :lol: "Mommy, he touched ma jewels". :cry: If these guys are so "manly", they can handle it. It's not like he hit him with a chair or something.

I dont doubt its funniness, but the only way I can describe is is an attack man, you just dont see that often. Although I know in rugby theres been worse:

fe6df38224.jpg

Edited by snoogit

I dont doubt its funniness, but the only way I can describe is is an attack man, you just dont see that often. Although I know in rugby theres been worse:

fe6df38224.jpg

I've seen worse hazing in sports. When I was in Soccer back in high school, if during shooting drills you kicked it OVER the goal, you'd have to hang from the crossbar until you got hit by another player's practice shot. Of course, everyone would aim for the family jewels. :unsure: And the likelihood of you kicking it over went down dramatically.

What ever happened to "the rules" clearly stating the Jewels forever would be off limits? Where's the outrage? Instead of fighting with civility, it has now been downgraded to animals fighting for food.

Edited by Rizzo