The Watering Hole

Yah I just noticed that about five minutes ago, I think it makes big news because it is not a very common event to hear about shootings and murders in GR and oh the man was shot in the face.

Edited by Rizzo

Yah I just noticed that about five minutes ago, I think it makes big news because it is not a very common event to hear about shootings and murders in GR and oh the man was shot in the face.

Ya, or the 24 shots that were fired Sunday night and the guy only got hit in the leg and stomach. They mentioned it in 2 sentences and then nothing. I could hear it all the way at my house - thought it was fire crackers.

Speaking of crime and this part of town... my coworker has decided to start carrying and also arming his girlfriend. Its become a family thing these days (to pack heat.)

I think its about time for community precincts so that the Police are a constant presence and aren't just the visitors to the neighborhood. I think precincts may instill a little bit of needed trust with the agency.

Edited by Rizzo

Speaking of crime and this part of town... my coworker has decided to start carrying and also arming his girlfriend. Its become a family thing these days (to pack heat.)

I think its about time for community precincts so that the Police are a constant presence and aren't just the visitors to the neighborhood. I think precincts may instill a little bit of needed trust with the agency.

I thought GR already did "community policing"? Or are you talking about something different rizzo?

^- Community Precincts :) I'm talking about seperate substations for some of the neighborhoods... Like what Lansing, Chicago and other Cities around the country have. I think the Baxter had a mobile command center that was a pretty damn good of a diterent to crime I just thought maybe a precint system would have the same effect.

Edited by Rizzo

I mean its a family thing because he choose to use a gun to help protect his family. I think he is going the legit way, though. You really can't blame the guy as he tells me that a man was mogued iin front of his house. Understandably, he is scared to death to leave his girl and children alone while at work.

Nice... with a population that's probably what.. 10% of that of Detroit? We manage to have more posts than them. Just goes to show how much we care about our city. ^^

Careful, I wouldn't exactly say that. Detroit has far more urban-based forums than we do. I was just commenting on how many new topics have been started since we talked about this a couple of weeks ago when we were almost tied.

Just an observation, the coffee house, when it first started out, had maybe a couple posts a day, lately the coffee house has had as many posts as the gr main room. I think people have finally gotten used to it, and now post in both rooms.

does anyone else here have a problem on UP around 2:30am eastern time? I'm just getting to bed over here in Phoenix, which is three hours behind. Always around that time, UP slows to a crawl, if it loads at all. Is that like a standard maintenance time?