The Watering Hole

I'm exercising my right to not vote. Voting should never be a situation of lesser evils. In the spirit of being an American I will complain about the outcome -- it is my right.

:lol:

I would like to add that if people don't know anything about the people or issues they are voting for, then they should just stay home. Please, don't "rock the vote".

:lol:

I would like to add that if people don't know anything about the people or issues they are voting for, then they should just stay home. Please, don't "rock the vote".

Nice one Andy! I totally agree.

Triple G, you think that people who know NOTHING about the people running or the issues should vote?

Nice one Andy! I totally agree.

Triple G, you think that people who know NOTHING about the people running or the issues should vote?

Sometimes it takes ONE trip to the voting booth for people to discover they are unaware of whom to vote for or what the issues are about. This ONE time can have the power to change how these people will vote in the future. They could find out how to get more information regarding who and what they're voting for.

I'm willing to take a chance to say that an unaware voter is easily converted to an aware voter.

the battle lines are being drawn.... while devos is a complete moron he gets my vote, anything is better than a fake michigander :D

or should I say michiganian :)

From Wikipedia:

"Granholm was born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada in 1959, and her family moved to California when she was four. ... (in) 1980, she also became a United States citizen..." at age 21.

A buddy reports a picnic conversation along the same lines. In my view, it's not easy to guide your parents' choice of residence at the time of your birth.

My sister (the doctor) was born in France. BFD.

Sometimes it takes ONE trip to the voting booth for people to discover they are unaware of whom to vote for or what the issues are about. This ONE time can have the power to change how these people will vote in the future. They could find out how to get more information regarding who and what they're voting for.

I'm willing to take a chance to say that an unaware voter is easily converted to an aware voter.

I agree in theory GGG, but I would say that thirty minutes of preliminary research before going to the polls isn't asking too much.

Any word on this?

I heard that the Tall House crew was looking for ground floor retail space along Ionia. I also wonder if Douglas J is moving into the old garage at Commerce and Weston next to this one:

http://public.carwm.com/public/carpagerpt....1&C=&B=

instead of the old post office/garage at Commerce & Cherry, since there has been no movement on the one building and the other one's "For Lease" signs are gone.

I heard that the Tall House crew was looking for ground floor retail space along Ionia. I also wonder if Douglas J is moving into the old garage at Commerce and Weston next to this one:

http://public.carwm.com/public/carpagerpt....1&C=&B=

instead of the old post office/garage at Commerce & Cherry, since there has been no movement on the one building and the other one's "For Lease" signs are gone.

I heard a radio advertisement for them the other day and they are still repeating October of this year. The ad mentioned a website http://douglasj.seal-server.com/institute_about_gr.html that has a rendering from Commerce and Cherry, the originally proposed location.

Dougles J is going into the old Post Office Annex. It is bidding right now and bids are due tomorrow. Turner is the general contractor.

Speaking of Turner.. they're making it feel like i'm working in the middle of an earthquake right now.. in Holland :unsure::wacko:

Hello, All!

I am requesting permission to use some of your photographs that

have been posted in the various forums for use on my blog. I'd like

to do a photo album and blog entry about our fair city. I don't have

a digital camera, and well, face it, some of you take many of the

best pics of GR I've ever seen!

I will credit Urban Planet as well as each photographer individually

and include a link to here.

If you will allow me to use your photos, no need to respond, I'll

take that as a yes. If you have any objections, just let me know

either here or PM me, and I will refrain. I'll wait a couple of days

before proceeding to give anyone time to object. Thanks everyone

in advance.

Edited by mejane

Hello, All!

I am requesting permission to use some of your photographs that

have been posted in the various forums for use on my blog. I'd like

to do a photo album and blog entry about our fair city. I don't have

a digital camera, and well, face it, some of you take many of the

best pics of GR I've ever seen!

I will credit Urban Planet as well as each photographer individually

and include a link to here.

If you will allow me to use your photos, no need to respond, I'll

take that as a yes. If you have any objections, just let me know

either here or PM me, and I will refrain. I'll wait a couple of days

before proceeding to give anyone time to object. Thanks everyone

in advance.

Fine with me. :thumbsup:

Guess what guys!? I'll be visiting Grand Rapids with my mom on the 11th. Today she mentioned some button convention held by the National Button Society there and I volunteered to go right away so that I could explore downtown Grand Rapids. I'm really excited! The Amway Grand Plaza Hotel is right downtown isn't it?

Guess what guys!? I'll be visiting Grand Rapids with my mom on the 11th. Today she mentioned some button convention held by the National Button Society there and I volunteered to go right away so that I could explore downtown Grand Rapids. I'm really excited! The Amway Grand Plaza Hotel is right downtown isn't it?

Yes it is! Hope you enjoy your stay! Let us know your thoughts.

Edited by mgreven